PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed for my thumb-sucker's thumb (it's raw) (m)

hobokenmom
01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
My seventeen-month-old is a huge thumbsucker, and the winter dry weather is wreaking havoc on his poor little thumb. Anyone else have this problem? and what do you do to help it?

I've started putting Eucerin lotion on it when I get a chance, but I can't imagine that that tastes very good. I'd love to put vaseline on it, but yuck, that's gross, to even think about putting a greasy thumb in your mouth.

Help! I appreciate any and all advice. Thank you in advance.

Marisa6826
01-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Hey Amy!

Put Lanisoh on it. It is super thick, will help with the chafing and won't be an issue with him swallowing any of it.

Sophie continually licks her bottom lip and it's all red and sore. I found Neosporin lip salve and have been slathering it. It looks SO much better. That might work for his thumb, too. I figure if it's intended for use around the mouth, it's not an issue if some of it is consumed.

Good luck

-m

hobokenmom
01-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks Marisa. I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of all the lanisoh in the house AND I can't stand the smell of that stuff so I'm not sure I could use that, but thanks for the suggestion. I will look for the neosporin lip salve though.

I'm going to try to be very diligent with putting some aquaphor, chapstick and also eucerin on it when I remember during the day.

How are you? I think of you often because we're getting ready to put in central air, and I think we're going to use BirchTree to GC the job.

Hope you're doing well, and thanks so much for the suggestions!

Marisa6826
01-03-2006, 09:25 AM
I also thought about Shea Butter late last night. It must be fine if consumed in small quantities, because I know Frenchie breeders use it on dog noses.

Please give Michael my regards. He is really a great person. I know they're more expensive, but you will be very happy with him. Are you using Butch or USMC for the job? Both are very good.

BTW, you know that Michael has a new baby girl, Right? She was born in Oct.

-m