PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk hair? Looking for a product to give it the tousled, wavy look, and keep the frizz away

jerseygirl07067
01-02-2006, 08:46 PM
without having to go 2-3 days without washing my hair. Dirty hair looks best on me it seems, but I want to get the same look when my hair is actually clean. It seems like the times I actually go out socially somewhere, I shower, have clean hair, and my clean hair looks like crap. But two days later when I'm lounging at home, doing nothing, it looks great!

Any product suggestions? Styling suggestions?

Sorry for the frivolous topic...but isn't it fun? :)

Marcy

MelissaTC
01-02-2006, 08:55 PM
For something with a strong hold, I woul suggest Paul Mitchell's Glue. It literally comes in glue packaging. It will add texture and allow you to style it however you want. For something less firm but still great, Rusk's Being Wild.

new_mommy25
01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Go for the sea salt spray. There are a few brands that sell it, I think Jon Frieda is one. http://tinyurl.com/79m4p

smallestangel
01-02-2006, 09:08 PM
How about some "dirt"?

http://tinyurl.com/adq4e

I've never tried it, but have heard about it a lot.

Amanda

mommy_someday
01-03-2006, 12:05 AM
I have a little container of stuff from Sally Beauty Supply called Demented. It's thick (maybe a pomade?) so I don't have to use much. It smells like coconut, which I think is a bonus! Good luck on your quest for bed-head! :P

lizajane
01-03-2006, 09:55 AM
we have the same hair! my hair poofs out of control when it is clean. but i wake up in the morning... shiny and straight... go figure.

what about the silicone anti frizz stuff. anti frizz serum? is that what it is called? it is clear and looks like liquid glass.

brigmaman
01-03-2006, 12:35 PM
I always say this about my hair. When I wake up in the middle of the night my hair looks best. I never wash my hair before going out at night or it looks flat and boring. My dh's barber (a woman and a hairstylist as well) suggested that he use a texturizing paste. He uses Surf Hair (Garnier)and I use it if I style my hair when it's wet. If my hair is dry I use a bit of wax (Precision Wax- Physique)to make it look somewhat piecy and defined.