PDA

View Full Version : Andrea (amp)...how's the moving plans coming?

s_gosney
01-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't know when you'll see this, but I wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you. I hope all is going well! Let us know if we can be of any help.

amp
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey Sherri! I must be on here not long after you posted this! Thanks for asking! Here's the update.

Our house was officially listed last night, although the sign went out front on Saturday. This morning the first family viewed the house and although I don't know that the very first people to see it will buy it, they were interested enough to ask which school this neighborhood goes to and ask to see our seller's disclosure, so I'm very optimistic that people looking in our price range will be interested in our house. I'm hoping we get an offer in a couple weeks, rather than months!

John's starts with his new employer on Jan 16, so we have temporary housing (ick!) lined up for us then. We'll be in an apartment for up to 60 days, but hopefully much less time than that! We will all go into temp housing, so we'll be in your neck of the woods in just 2 wks! I'm hoping we'll be househunting by then, but we need to wait for our house to sell, because we can't afford the downpayment on a new house until we get the equity out of ours, not to mention we can't afford two mortgages! So we're in temporary limbo until our house sells, but we'll be down there in an apt. until we can get into a house of our own.

Like I said, I'm hopeful that we can have an offer by the time we move down there and can start the househunting right away.

Thanks for checking on us! I'm so excited to meet you and Kylee and also and Stephanie (momtoemma) and her two girls when we get there!