PDA

View Full Version : OT: Who to report Modern Moms to?

Melanie
01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Not to rehash this whole thing again, but basically never got my bag, never got my refund. I'm done emailing and calling Lolita. I no longer have the credit card I used (though if they had refunded it, it would have gone through but the account is closed so I can't dispute the charges).

Who do I report them to? I remember some mention of this a while a go.

Thanks

JElaineB
01-04-2006, 11:40 PM
I think you can report them to the Better Business Bureau.

But have you tried emailing Barbie at [email protected] or [email protected] about the refund? There was a thread (I think in the Bargains forum) last month about emailing her to get a refund. I emailed her one day past her "deadline" and she said it was too late to get a refund. I brought up that I had received an email in July saying if I *didn't* respond I would get a refund, and thus I didn't respond but never got a refund. That got a response out of her - she offered me a check for the $35 (to be issued Dec 19 or later) or a giftcertificates.com Supercertificate for $40. I opted for the Supercertificate, and it did work (I "cashed it in" right away for $25 from Lands End and $15 from Panera Bread and I have received all of them).

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

kaylinsmommy2
01-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I also emailed Barbie, and opted for the $35 check. A couple days after it was due to be sent, I received an email directly from Lolita saying that Barbie was no longer with the company and the checks did nto get sent out. But that they were sent out instead this week. Hopefully I'll get the money in the mail soon.

Try Lolita one more time - I actually called and when they asked what it was about, I lied and told them that I wanted to check the status of my membership. It worked and they put me through to her (although nothing came of that). But it might be different now that they are supposedly actually giving money back.

I also called my credit card company and they put the money back into my account - I did have to file a dispute. If my check comes, I will cancel the dispute. But the credit card company was really on top of things and very helpful. It is not too late to call them.

Caroline
"ma meee" to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://b2.lilypie.com/9KMlm7/.png[/img][/url]

Melanie
01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
"Try Lolita one more time - I actually called and when they asked what it was about, I lied and told them that I wanted to check the status of my membership."

Tried that - twice and both times got voice mail.

JElaineB
01-05-2006, 12:18 PM
>I also emailed Barbie, and opted for the $35 check. A couple
>days after it was due to be sent, I received an email directly
>from Lolita saying that Barbie was no longer with the company
>and the checks did nto get sent out. But that they were sent
>out instead this week. Hopefully I'll get the money in the
>mail soon.

Oh no! I opted for the Supercertificate becuase I didn't trust them, even though the 19th was like a week away. Since she say she would email the Supercertificate to me right away I took that option. Now I'm glad I did, though I'm sorry for you! :( I hope you get your refund soon.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

zen_bliss
01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
ca dept of consumer affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov/

better business bureau http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx

ca state attorney general http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/index.htm

chargeback on your cc (i don't think there's a limit on that -- a fake charge is a fake charge)

in december they sent me a $35 credit to www.giftcertificates.com as a thanks for a referral. great! it says it *never expires*. then when i went to redeem it today, it had been cancelled!

**update: lolita responded immediately with an email saying they will investigate that, immediately as in the time it took to post. wowza! i'll update as i hear back.**

update II: giftcertificates.com emailed back and basically said they are not going to give any info, check with the issuer. phooey.

trumansmom
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
That's just crazy. Seriously.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Corie
01-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I also tried to redeem my $35 gift certificate (from a
referral) and mine also showed as cancelled.

MMEand1
01-06-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm showing cancelled as well. I just sent an e-mail to modernmoms (we'll see how long this takes to get answered!) and asked for a new referral code in order to redeem the gift card they promised. I stated in my e-mail that it said no expiration date, but it was cancelled. Maybe I'll get some sort of response...we can only hope.
Mariah P.

LogansMommy
01-07-2006, 01:07 AM
I posted this on the bargains board but thought I'd share here as well. I emailed Barbie a day after the deadline and she said it was too late for a refund but I'd get a gift that was shipping the 19th. I followed up today and here is the response I recieved....

"When Lolita did not get me everything she was supposed to by the agreed upon and promised date I resigned from MMC. She has asked me not to contact anyone because she was going to update all of you personally. She is handling all gifts and refunds and I am no longer employed by MM."

It just never ends.