PDA

View Full Version : spaghetti stain removal help needed!

SeekerMage
01-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I have a new disney sweatshirt for Lilbit that my wonderful MIL got spaghetti-os stains all over....front and back. How do you get spaghetti stains on the back! I have scrubbed it with tide and soaked it in tide and generic oxyclean. Washed and then soaked again all day and night in the generic oxyclean and washed. So far the stains have NOT come out! I want to cry. I have yet to dry it...what should I do? Its sooo cute on her and it was the first time she wore it. Stain removal experts please reply! Thanks so much. :)

babymama
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I would keep trying with the oxyclean and hot, hot, hot water. Soak it in the oxyclean and hot water overnight or longer. Then wash it in the washing machine. If it still doesn;t come out, I would try again with the oxyclean and hot, hot water (as hot as the fabric will tolerate - boiling if it will tolerate it) and repeat.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, my 2 yr old monster
and new baby girl, Solana, born 12/26/05
I'll figure out how to update my avatar someday!

DebbieJ
01-04-2006, 06:48 PM
I've always had good luck with Oxy, though like the PP said, the water must be HOT. I soak stuff in my laundry tub. I always get the water running as hot as possible first, then add in the Oxy and stir until it is dissolved. Then I add the clothes and let it soak for 24-48 hours, sometimes adding more boiling water after a day to warm it back up. It has worked every time for me, even getting out a year old avocado stain.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

octmom
01-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Zout seems to work really well for getting out all the food DS grinds into his shirts at daycare. I prefer the foaming Zout-- purple bottle-- over the non-foaming Zout in the blue bottle. I think they have the foaming stuff at Target.

Good luck!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March: IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

Momof3Labs
01-04-2006, 09:35 PM
ITA about the hot water; I've also seen it take 2 days soaking in OxyClean for a stain to come out. So try that again with hotter water and let it soak a lot longer than overnight.

Babywhite
01-05-2006, 12:20 AM
After you have tried everything else... try this. My DH's grandmother gave us the idea, and it has worked on a few really stubborn stains.

Mix lemon juice and salt into a paste
Rub on the stain and let it sit for a while
Wash

It got a really nasty stain out of my DH's new cream colored sweater.

Good Luck!

R.W.