PDA

View Full Version : Do you have one of these digital cameras?

AdoptChina
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Sony Cybershot H1
Canon S2IS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5

I think I've narrowed it down to one of these.....want an SLR-like camera (don't think I really need an SLR). I've been reading online reviews but its all starting to blur together lol

AdoptChina
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Sony Cybershot H1
Canon S2IS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5

I think I've narrowed it down to one of these.....want an SLR-like camera (don't think I really need an SLR). I've been reading online reviews but its all starting to blur together lol

boogiemom
01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
I know what you mean about reading reviews! I only really researched the S2IS and the FZ5 as those were the two that people referred me to every time when given my criteria. I talked to many people in camera stores and online. Anyway, I bought the FZ5 last week after WEEKS of research. They're both excellent cameras and would be fine. I chose the Panasonic because: didn't care about video mode (we use our video camera for that), the Leica lens (supposedly the best), $100 cheaper, and it felt SO much better in my hand when I went to look at them IRL. It is A Lot smaller and lighter and just fit my hand better. I also like that it uses a lithium battery as my old Canon uses the AA's and those rechargeables die QUICKLY and always right when I need them. :( The AA rechargeables I have also lose juice just from sitting unused so when I need the camera to catch that "moment" it seemed like I always had to start off by replacing the batteries.

Anyway, I am THRILLED with my choice after having taken many pictures in the past week. It is VERY easy to use and I actually prefer the menu system on the panasonic to the canon. I really was leaning toward the Canon partially because I already knew the menu system from my old camera. There's been little learning curve to the Panasonic menu and it makes more sense to me.

Anyway, I definitely made the right choice for me. I recommend you go to a camera store and play with them both. It definitely made the decision easy for me.

Good Luck!

murpheyblue
01-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I have the DSC-H1 and I've been very happy with it. I LOVE the zoom. I'm not even close to a camera expert but it's been easy to use and takes great shots.