PDA

View Full Version : Philly Moms: Have any of you taken "Makin' Music" with your toddler?

lmintzer
01-05-2006, 11:14 PM
We attended our first class this week, and Joshua had a blast. They gave us a CD of all of their new (winter) music, and I can't get the stuff out of my head. A lot of it is fun and well-written/performed.

Sorry this is so totally OT for most.

lmintzer
01-05-2006, 11:14 PM
We attended our first class this week, and Joshua had a blast. They gave us a CD of all of their new (winter) music, and I can't get the stuff out of my head. A lot of it is fun and well-written/performed.

Sorry this is so totally OT for most.

jamsmu
01-06-2006, 08:26 AM
we've only been once. Our MOMS Club hosts it ine Monday a month, but we can hardly make it :(. We LOVE it-so much better than my usual class!!

JMS
01-06-2006, 09:11 AM
We've taken almost every session (except this one) since DD was about 6 months old. We're closest to Radnor so that's where we go. I definitely have my favorite instructors, but in case any are reading the BBB, I'm not going to list names.

DD loves it as well and there are many songs that we still sing all the time. I'm glad your DS liked it!

ETA: The King of Prussia Gymboree Art Class with Penny is fabulous as well, in case you looking for something else slightly different.

lmintzer
01-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi Jacquelyn. Could you PM me your favorite instructors? Ours seemed okay (1st day) though I am not sure what they thought of Joshua who was on his little feet almost the whole time. And we "broke rules" by having a sippy water (oops, right?) and by him not staying on the carpeted area. Oh well. : )

Radnor is pretty close to me too, though Havertown is the closest. Maybe we could hook up for a class one sesssion. : )

Julie--sorry you only got to 1 class.

ETA: We actually know the cousin of one of the owners. Isn't that funny? I think some more of her cousins are instructors. She's really a cool, laid-back person, so I'm wondering if her cousins are some of the teachers you like.

shannonG
01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I wish they had classes where I am, I'd love to check it out! I'm thinking about Kindermusik and My Gym since (I think) they are our best options. Gymboree in Montgomery Mall was terrible when I went during the summer. Too many college students running things I guess. We should all get together sometime, I know we talked about it before!

mmaimp
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
We go to the classes in DE and love them too.

Our Yahoo group is just sitting there waiting for us to plan something!

npace19147
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
We go to Little People's Music at the Old Pine Church in CC and DD really loves it. We've been going since she was about 6months old and it's been fun to see her grow into using the instruments, dancing to the music, etc. :)

jenjenfirenjen
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Shannon...Cindy at the Gymboree on Stump Rd in Montgomeryville is excellent for play classes. I think they still only have one music teacher and she stinks but the play class is great.

jenjenfirenjen
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Is there a Yahoo group for Philly area BBB moms? I'd love to join if so and meet some of you ladies IRL sometime.

Jen841
01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
I have not been yet, but I am told the Downingtown one is good. I wanted to go during my maternity leave, but the schedule conflicted with our other activities.

As for a Yahoo Group, that would be great. If I knew how to set one up I would. Sorry, no time to learn right now. Work is a bit overwhelming. It is cutting into my social life!!! Darn work!

jamsmu
01-06-2006, 02:25 PM
click here to join! Just please tell me your BBB id when you apply to make my life easier. Intro yourself and get us talking!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbbphiladelphia/