PDA

View Full Version : Ebayers....would this make you mad???

karolyp
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Would you leave negative feedback for this?

I won something on 12/23. The buyer had listed three shipping options: usps parcel post, usps priority mail, and ups ground. She also had a shipping calculator on her auction. I picked priority because it was about $1 more than parcel post when I entered my zip in. However, a week later (1/1) I still didn't receive my stuff so I e-mailed the seller who said she had sent it out that day and had mailed it parcel post because shipping was too expensive for priority.

Now I got my stuff today and I really like it and have no problems. But I'm a little peeved at the shipping situation. I paid for priority and don't feel like it's my fault she under-estimated for shipping. And I'm mad that it took her so long to send my stuff out.

What do you all think?? What would you do??

TIA!!

kfcboston
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Hmmm. That is annoying. I guess I would take it up with the seller before you leave any feedback. Maybe it can be settled with her directly. If not, I would leave neutral feedback, or none altogether in order to avoid retribution for a negative.

Good luck!

DebbieJ
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
I underestimated the shipping on something I sold before. And you know what? I ate the cost--it was my mistake.

I would ask for a refund of the difference in shipping costs. Her auction terms and shipping costs were stated. She had no right to change them after the fact; maybe it's against ebay policies? If she doesn't comply, I would leave neutral feedback.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

jadamom
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
I would e-mail the seller with your complaint and give her a chance to remedy the situation. If she doesn't, then you have a right to leave neg feedback, but be aware that she might retaliate. I have found that most sellers are more than happy to try to fix things. I have had shipping refunded when there was a stain on a NWT item. I have had a full refund when some "like new" books were a little sticky. I have had a bow remade when there was a hole in the ribbon. Send a nice e-mail explaining your feelings and see what she'll do for you. :)

KBecks
01-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Email the seller, tell her the issues with shipping late and shipping non-priority and let her know that you're unhappy.

I'd ask for a refund on shipping to resolve your dissatisfaction.

Also let her know that you're considering leaving negative or neutral feedback with an appropriate comment unless she makes it right.

ETA: did she already give you feeback? Beware retaliatory feedback - it can happen from disgruntled sellers!

karolyp
01-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes, she already left me positive feedback so I don't think I would have to worry about retaliatory feedback, right?

But, I don't think I was clear in my first post...she did pay for extra shipping costs. According to the calculator, parcel was $7 and priority was $8, so I opted for the later. However, she stated that she underestimated for priority and went ahead with parcel, which still came out to be around $10. I guess my vent is petty, but I just feel like she took way too long to ship the item and that she didn't send them according to the auction terms...KNIM? Am I being too picky??

Thanks again

DebbieJ
01-06-2006, 11:23 PM
If she stated that Priority was $xx and Parcel was $xy, and you paid $xx, then that's what you should get. She should at least refund you your dollar because you didn't get what you paid for. What she ended up paying should not play into the situation for you.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

searchdog
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't think you are being to picky. It isn't your fault she didn't get the proper info before running her auction. Is this someone who has sold things before, or was this one of the first things they have ever sold?? I know I messed up weight the first few times I sold things but like a pp I ate the cost. I learned my lesson and now pack up all items after taking appropriate photos and get an accurate weight and diminsions on any boxes to make sure I don't loose money.

If I were you I would still email the seller and tell them that you love the item but that you are very dissappointed in the fact that thought you were paying for priority shipping and were only given parcel post. I would say at the least they should give you the $1 back that would have been the difference between parcel and priority according to the shipping calculator.

I also don't think I would leave negative feedback for what happened. At the least I would leave neutral, but I would probably leave postive feedback with the feedback saying what happened.

ETA: Deb and I posted at the same time, so again I would ask for the $1 back.

ShayleighCarsensMom
01-06-2006, 11:57 PM
That would totally make me mad!
I would simply tell her that she needs to make it right or you will leave the appropriate feedback.
Good luck!

AngelaS
01-07-2006, 06:57 AM
If you paid for Priority you should've gotten Priority and since she underestimated she should eat the difference.

I'd email and ask for a refund of the difference. :) As a seller, if someone asks, I would send the refund.

KBecks
01-07-2006, 09:36 AM
In that case, if the item is very satisfactory... then I might just leave no feedback at all and skip giving her a positive.

Or you could do a neutral and mention the delay in shipping the item to you.

I think either of those would be fair. If she put out more $$ than you paid to ship the item, then I don't think that's as big an offense.

ILoveLT
01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't leave negative feedback for this unless you want to discourage her from selling stuff in the future. She paid extra to have it shipped. Ebay charges a lot of fees, so she might not even be making that much money after paying extra for shipping.

zen_bliss
01-07-2006, 01:34 PM
sure, i'd be annoyed about it, but all's well if you love the item and it's in the condition you expected, as long as you didn't *need* it by a certain date. you can leave positive feedback that also says that you were displeased that it took a loooong time to ship. so she made a mistake on the shipping calculator, people make mistakes, she did end up eating the difference.

there is something about eBay that inspires us to so much wasted energy on being 'right' on quibbling little stuff. i've certainly gotten wound up about ebay things, and i feel so silly looking back. it's best to just let it go, it's all a petty waste of time. i'm surprised by the suggestions to demand dollar refund! i think of it as my time wasted in email back and about a moot point -- heck, the stuff is in hand -- is worth more than a dollar.

miki
01-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree with Deb. This has actually happened to me before. I paid for priority and the seller shipped regular. It ended up being only a day's difference but I emailed the seller anyway. He said he didn't even notice I paid for priority (which I can believe due to the type of items the seller dealt with) and refunded me the etra I paid plus something extra. I think that's how a responsible seller should respond--especially if there is a significant delay in shipping.