PDA

View Full Version : So she knows what nursing pads are for...

s7714
01-07-2006, 01:23 AM
For some reason, my older DD has always found the reusable cloth nursing pads I have to be fascinating. Every time I do the laundry I have to practically lock the things up because she'll swipe them while they’re drying and then I spend the next week finding them literally all over the house.

So today we’re waiting in the pick-up line at the pharmacy. My DD is sitting in a shopping cart so she can eat her snack and she strikes up a conversation with the elderly gentleman standing behind us in line. She’s always chatting away to people, so I wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying to him, until I hear “see these are nursies…Mommy has them in her shirt too…see look!� I was standing beside the cart, so I turn around quickly to see that she’s lifted up her shirt, and has one of my cloth nursing pads sitting on her chest! Apparently she had stuck it in her shirt before we left home and it had stayed there the whole time we’d been out. Ugh! I was so embarrassed. I grabbed it from her and laughingly flung some comment to the guy about it being something from one of her toy dolls and practically ran to the counter since we were luckily next up in line.

Thank goodness the poor guy had no clue what it was that she was showing him or telling him about—or at least he didn’t seem too. He had that “what is this kid telling me?� look on his face that most people get when they’re talking to a babbling toddler so I’m really hoping he didn’t. I guess DD’s been paying more attention to me getting dressed in the morning than I realized! :+ Apparently I’m now going to have to do a full body search on DD before we step out the door ever again!

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

mamalia
01-07-2006, 01:30 AM
LOL, that's too cute.

AngelaS
01-07-2006, 06:51 AM
LOL That's great!

My girls called them frisbees and would confiscate them to play with while nursing the baby!

annasmom
01-07-2006, 06:58 AM
TOO CUTE!! My dd always tried to put them on, but she was never so successful!