PDA

View Full Version : Creative input needed

s_gosney
01-08-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm making a thing to hang on the walls at our office (the term "art" could possibly be loosely used to describe it ;)) and I'm stuck. Basically I'm looking for some sort of graphic/simple picture or symbol to use along with the "well-behaved women rarely make history" quote. I was thinking some sort of play on the woman symbol, but I can't figure out quite what would work. The only thing is though that I don't necessarily want it to be more woman powerish than the quote itself is. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but my boss and the rest of the team aren't so much in the "I am woman, hear me roar" sort of camp as we are of a mindset where we don't do things the way they've always been done just to maintain status quo. I suspect that many of the women here understand what I'm talking about, even if I can't articulate it very well. So...any ideas? The way the wording worked out on the canvas, I have a gap on one side that needs to be filled in. Oh yeah...I should definitely mention that my artistic abilities are not so wonderful, so simple is important. I had also thought about maybe using an Asian character for "history" simlar to many artistic prints I've seen. Thoughts? And I promise...if it turns out hideous, I'm totally open to just hiding it away and counting it as a simple chance to try something new. :)