PDA

View Full Version : What is WRONG with me?!

lisaE
01-09-2006, 12:23 AM
This one is for you, "Six Feet Under" fans.

DH stopped watching SFU about 5 shows before the finale. Crazy, I know. Anyway, one day last week the song from the finale came on and I told him it was in the show, at the end, when Claire is driving to New York. He asked me how the show ended, and as I began to explain how it ended, how it wrapped up everyone's story, I started crying! I mean bawling and sobbing! I could not even finish, and several times I decided that I would just have to explain it all later. Then I would start to tell him again and start crying all over again. Again, let me say that I was just about heaving with sobs. It's a flippin tv show, for pete's sake! What really got me was trying to explain about Ruth, and how she saw Nate in the hallway, and every time I started to tell him that I just lost it.

Am I crazy?! What is going on here?! Please someone tell me that you can relate. Anyone...Anyone...?

jbowman
01-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi Lisa,

I watched the finale (after missing, like, two or three seasons, LOL!) and could not stop crying at the end! I think the reason it is so emotionally powerful is b/c we all can relate: we wonder how our lives and the lives of our friends/family are going to be and, then sadly, how they will end. So, although we are watching fictional characters, we are really pondering our own fates and those of our loved ones. Didn't mean to get that philosophical...the *krazy* musings of a 39-weeks-along pregnant lady! ;)

I totally understand!

Marisa6826
01-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Jonathan and I BOTH sat there sobbing when it aired. In fact, we have it TiFaux'd and have gone back to watch it a couple more times -still sobbing!

The one with Ruth and then the one where David sees Keith playing football are the two that really got me.

I really think that is one of the best finales EVER. Right up there with M*A*S*H.

-m

marit
01-09-2006, 01:49 AM
OK, for us, HBOless people, can you please elaborate?

I only saw the first 2 seasons when I was still on promotional cable rates with HBO...

zuzu
01-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Well, if you're crazy, than DH and I are, too. :) We were both crying through the final scene. I'm not a huge TV addict at all, but I really miss that show.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

Moneypenny
01-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, we don't have HBO so I didn't watch this show, but there was one show (I can't believe I'm admitting this) - Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. I don't know why DH and I started watching this, but we did, and there was an episode where the little boy's pet wolf got rabies and his older brother's fiance was bitten and died and the little boy wanted to shoot the wolf so his older brother wouldn't hate him and I was just sobbing! Not choked up, not a few tears, actual sobbing. And this was before I was a mother! Darn TV shows...
Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
17 months and counting!

muskiesusan
01-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Well, I still have it saved on our TIVO and I have on more than one occassion watched just the ending. It gets me crying everytime!!! It is the best series finale ever!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

overcome
01-09-2006, 10:54 AM
I've cried every time I've watched it.

HBO used to have the obits of all the characters on their web site. They were so interesting to read after watching the finale. Check it out and see if they still have them.

Ashley

janettadine
01-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks for mentioning the obits-- I hadn't read them before, and they were great! Here's the link for anyone interested: http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/obituary/episode63.shtml.

Janet

JElaineB
01-09-2006, 12:23 PM
I only watched the first 2 seasons then we got rid of HBO. I guess I know what we'll be getting when DH activates the Nextflix gift subscription I got him for Christmas!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Calmegja2
01-09-2006, 12:47 PM
>Jonathan and I BOTH sat there sobbing when it aired. In
>fact, we have it TiFaux'd and have gone back to watch it a
>couple more times -still sobbing!
>
>The one with Ruth and then the one where David sees Keith
>playing football are the two that really got me.
>
>I really think that is one of the best finales EVER. Right up
>there with M*A*S*H.
>
>-m

I thought everyone who had it Tivo'd kept it.

I kept it, and I watch it, and I think about it. I bought the soundtrack, and I listen to it all the time.

It gives me peace. I wish I could explain, but the ending, oh the ending.

Perfect.

kath68
01-09-2006, 12:59 PM
>Jonathan and I BOTH sat there sobbing when it aired. In
>fact, we have it TiFaux'd and have gone back to watch it a
>couple more times -still sobbing!
>
>The one with Ruth and then the one where David sees Keith
>playing football are the two that really got me.
>
>I really think that is one of the best finales EVER. Right up
>there with M*A*S*H.
>
>-m

I totally agree with you (so much so, that "ITA" doesn't do my sentiment justice. LOL). It was absolutely brilliant. Some of the best t.v. ever. The last couple of seasons lagged (jumped the shark, even), but the finale made sticking with it soooooo worth it.

Calmegja2
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
>OK, for us, HBOless people, can you please elaborate?
>
>I only saw the first 2 seasons when I was still on promotional
>cable rates with HBO...

I would never be able to do it justice, but if you read here:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com

The recaps will explain it beautifully. The ending was a montage that just stops your breath. Seriously, it was heavily beautiful.

MelissaTC
01-09-2006, 02:10 PM
I cry too. I am way too into the Fishers. They will probably be re-airing it again but the episodes that are being shown are all from the last season. I was watching Nate's 40th birthday party the other day so the end will be here again soon. The first time I watched it, I was fine until I saw Ruth looking at Nate and Nate smiling at her. I lost it. And then really lost it when David saw Keith. Yeah. I am crazy too!

VClute
01-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I never watched it, but my sister would keep me informed (she was WAY into the show) of what was happening, so I KINDA knew the characters. I was surprised at myself, then, for CRYING about the ending! But I agree with PPs - It made me think about my OWN mortality and how everything we fret about, everything we do... it all means NOTHING in the greater context of life and death. Jeez - I'm getting depressed just THINKING about it again...

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

VClute
01-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I never watched it, but my sister would keep me informed (she was WAY into the show) of what was happening, so I KINDA knew the characters. I was surprised at myself, then, for CRYING about the ending! But I agree with PPs - It made me think about my OWN mortality and how everything we fret about, everything we do... it all means NOTHING in the greater context of life and death. Jeez - I'm getting depressed just THINKING about it again...

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

cchavez
01-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I was nursing Mia and the song from the finale came on and I just wanted to bawl. DH has the soundtrack on our ipod and I told him to promise me that he would NOT play it in the car yesterday b.c is was going to get me so emotional. So just the SONG makes me cry....I can't imagine when I will be able to watch the finale again.

Marisa6826
01-09-2006, 05:56 PM
LOL. I bought the soundtrack, too. How WEIRD is it to be driving while hearing THAT song?!

Love the first track, too!

-m

Marisa6826
01-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Jess-

I went to look for the recap at TWoP and they don't have SFU up anymore. x(

-m

Calmegja2
01-09-2006, 06:08 PM
>LOL. I bought the soundtrack, too. How WEIRD is it to be
>driving while hearing THAT song?!
>
>Love the first track, too!
>
>-m

Would you think less of me if I told you that I drive to it sometimes, just so I can think of that scene?

LOL!!!

The whole soundtrack is great, in my opinion. Aganju, Breathe Me, and Amazing Life are my favorites, but the whole thing is fab.

Marisa6826
01-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I do the SAME THING!!!! LOL

I'm telling you, separated, Girle. Separated.

-m

Calmegja2
01-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh no!!!!!!!

eta:
Oh look :

http://televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=68

Whew!!!!

Now I can continue to feed my addiction!!! ;-)

They hid it on us!!! Bad TWOP!!

Calmegja2
01-09-2006, 07:09 PM
>I do the SAME THING!!!! LOL
>
>I'm telling you, separated, Girle. Separated.
>
>-m

Don't I know it! ;-)