PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide paint colors

mommyj_2
01-09-2006, 12:39 AM
We're finally going to paint three rooms in our house. I'm painting one yellow. Can anyone suggest a good yellow?

Also, I'm painting DS' room. I'm trying to decide if I want to paint it light blue (that's then brushed over to have that muted/sky type effect...I forget what this is called). Would that be cute with the Kidsline Zanzibar collection? http://www.dreamtimebaby.com/zanzibar.html
We have beiege carpet. Any other ideas? I was originally thinking of doing just plain light blue. I've seen this collection with green walls, and didn't love it.

The other room is the bathroom. We have beige/gray tile. Here's the set we have in there. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_7/602-0405701-8350203?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0006B5NGE

I was thinking a shade of green might be cute...or orange, if I was feeling bold. Any thoughts/ideas?

I'm hoping for opninions on the colors I'm thinking about (or suggestions for other colors), as well as brands of paint and/or particular shades that would be good.
TIA!

amp
01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
We painted our nursery Baby Bee Yellow. It was from a Disney paint chip at Home Depot, but we had it matched and bought a different brand in the end. It looks great! Such a soft yellow color.

kcimato
01-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Love that bedding. My grandson has that also.I think a shade of the brown might do 3well. She can't paint since she is in a rental but we got curtains to match the red in the parrott. If you want a blue take the quilt to the paint store and have them match the color to the elephant. I think any color you pick up from the quilt would look good.

My dining room is a yellow called Tea Biscuit from the Duron Line of paints. Ask for it by name because they have changed their color charts and this is not on their anymore but they do carry it.

CiderLogan
01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
We used Restoration Hardware's Butter (at least I think it's the name - it's their only yellow) in our basement and love it! We actually used Sherwin Williams paint; it was matched to the RH color.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another one due 5/29/06!

Bean606
03-07-2006, 11:14 AM
We have the Zanzibar bedding also, and we just painted baby's room yellow - Pismo Dunes from Behr, which is almost the same color as Hawthorne Yellow from Benjamin Moore. I personally didn't like the way blue looked with that particular bedding set. At Buy Buy Baby, (and probably other stores), they have a lot of cribs set up in front of walls that are different colors. I walked around the store with the quilt from the Zanzibar bedding and held it up in front of the various colored walls to see which one I liked best. I also liked a sage green color that I saw, but we decided on yellow. Good luck!

Mamma2004
03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
In Februrary we painted our LR and used a yellow called "Tea Cookie" and THAT name is no longer used, either! It's a very soft chamois yellow that looks a lot like French Vanilla ice cream. It's the Behr line of paint from Home Depot.

Our nursery is more, well, yellow. We used a paint from Lowe's that was rated highly in Consumer Reports. It looks fabulous! If you're still looking I can find out the color for you.

Stephanie

Mamma2004
03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
In Februrary we painted our LR and used a yellow called "Tea Cookie" and THAT name is no longer used, either! It's a very soft chamois yellow that looks a lot like French Vanilla ice cream. It's the Behr line of paint from Home Depot.

Our nursery is more, well, yellow. We used a paint from Lowe's that was rated highly in Consumer Reports. It looks fabulous! If you're still looking I can find out the color for you.

Stephanie

boolady
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I would second the recommendation for RH Butter-- it's a beautiful color that my BIL and SIL just painted their living room. A similar creamy yellow that is also really pretty is Chopstick, a Martha Stewart at Sherwin Williams paint color. Good luck!

boolady
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I would second the recommendation for RH Butter-- it's a beautiful color that my BIL and SIL just painted their living room. A similar creamy yellow that is also really pretty is Chopstick, a Martha Stewart at Sherwin Williams paint color. Good luck!

pixelprincess
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
We painted DS's room a while back so I can't remember it for sure. It is Ace brand... gentle yellow, I think. I love the color!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/urbanrhapsody/DSC04516.jpg