PDA

View Full Version : Janeane Garafolo's (sp?) eyebrows

trumansmom
01-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Ack! Who was it that said they were weird in an old West Wing thread? Last night, I spent the ENTIRE hour of West Wing staring at her eyebrows! They are HUGE!

*sigh* I like her a lot, but I'll never be able to look at her the same way again.

Seriously, they are HUGE! How could I not have noticed before? She looks like she has a strip of electrical tape over each eye.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

octmom
01-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I've given up on WW this season, but I flipped past it last night and couldn't stop staring at her brows either. Someone really needs to tell her that is NOT a good look for her (or anyone for that matter)! Definitely looks like electrical tape. mayeb she could start buying it in different colors to match her wardrobe. ;)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March: IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

trumansmom
01-09-2006, 09:06 AM
I love it! A new fashion trend!

Jeanne

annasmom
01-09-2006, 10:05 AM
We missed WW last night, but her eyebrows TOTALLY freaked me out in the last episode. Really bad look for her!

By the way, I am not loving the new season, anyone else?? I thought last season was really good.

octmom
01-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I used to be a huge WW fan, but have pretty much given up on it now, sadly. I thought the writing left a lot to be desired when Sorkin left. I heard a rumor elsewhere (Marisa, was it you?) that Sorkin may come back to write the finale. That would be excellent.

I was so sad to hear about John Spencer's (Leo) death. :(

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March: IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

nicoleandjackson
01-09-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't watch WW, but I'm a HUGE fan of hers.

I just went to the NBC website to see what you were talking about. Yikes! She's such a pretty girl, and her brows did look better at one point:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0246464/16-C57-10.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Garofalo,%20Janeane&seq=4

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

Who's the Biggest Boy? It's Jackson!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020430/1/2/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

trumansmom
01-09-2006, 01:54 PM
So I haven't lost my mind? I appreciate you posting that site. I was starting to wonder how I could have missed them before!

Jeanne

amck
01-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Wow, you're right! IS this a new fashion trend? (Maybe now my out of control brows will be more in style!) And, may I just comment that I don't really care for Donna's bangs? Think she looked much prettier w/o them.

However, unlike most of you, I have been loving this years episodes revolving around the campaigns. I'll be sad to see this show go. (And wish that Smits and Alda would run on the same ticket in the show! Think it would set a nice, cooperative example for those who really do this for a living.)

zen_bliss
01-09-2006, 04:38 PM
for the curious (like me!)

[img src="http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/The_West_Wing/2WEScxN05.jpg"]

octmom
01-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh, but they look much, much worse head on in a close up shot. ;)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

daniele_ut
01-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay, I see how bad they look in the photo posted, but the one in link that Nicole posted looks pretty normal to me. Maybe I just have no taste?!? LOL!

nicoleandjackson
01-09-2006, 05:20 PM
No--you're right! She totally looked prettier before. The picture I posted from the Internet Movie Database was from 2002. Perhaps her brows have staged a coup since then...

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

Who's the Biggest Boy? It's Jackson!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020430/1/2/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Piglet
01-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Okay, the eyebrows are freaky, BUT I wouldn't have recognized her for the life of me from this photo. I am used to her looking "tomboy"ish and here she is actually feminine (ignoring the eyebrows, LOL).

Corie
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Jeanne,

That would have been me that started the eyebrow thread!
Those things drive me crazy!!

It's like my eyes are drawn to them in every scene that
she is in. I can't focus on anything else!

Can you imagine acting with her? I would be like, "Janeane,
what is up with the eyebrows?"

kath68
01-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Sorry -- late to the thread. They eyebrows bug me big time. But I have to say, what really bugs me, is that she did what she said she would never do: she got really skinny so she could get Hollywood jobs. You can find it in an only stand-up routine of hers -- she swears up and down she will never do it. Well, that's the Hollywood reality for you. She had no choice. Her career would have died had she not. That makes me sad.

Maybe her eyebrows look bigger because she has less face for them to sit on?

amck
01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Ok, I just have to post here again. Now I'm paying attn to eyebrows on TV and I think I'm seeing a trend of bushier brows! (Or else I'm just extra sensitive to them all of a sudden.)

daniele_ut
01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I've noticed that too, but another thing struck me too. WW has to have a stylist that is making hair and makeup choices, so I wonder if JG has no choice about those brows. When we cast actors in movies where I work, the director and the stylist tell the actors what color their hair should be, what clothes to wear, etc., so I wonder if that isn't the case here. I have hard time believing that anyone would willingly walk around like that!