PDA

View Full Version : Has your child ever ruined something in a store? If so what did they do?

jordan1212
01-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I am so embarrased, my 8 month old splattered starbucks frappachino all over some white pants at a store today. Stupid me, should not have left the cup in the cupholder of my stroller. The ladies were nice about it, but do you think a store would make you pay, if the pants were ruined? They didn't say I had to. Its a national chain in a mall, so I guess they have a policy on this. I will never be able to shop there again! I feel so bad.

bcky2
01-09-2006, 03:55 PM
i used to work retail for a very large clothing chain. if something like that happened we would not have you pay for it, we would damage it out and get credit for it. dont feel like you cant go there again, they wont remember that it happened :)

californiagirl
01-09-2006, 04:35 PM
DD turned back, still holding my hand, reached out, and a split-second later had knocked the top off a big glass jar at Crate and Barrel. It shattered, of course. We offered to pay for it, but they weren't interested; they were very polite but clearly just wanted to us to tell them we were uninjured and then go away so they could clean it up as fast as possible.

hardysmom
01-09-2006, 05:05 PM
hugs...

If it makes you feel better, I am sure you weren't the first, last, or worst mess.

Hardy once threw up red punch/cookies/pasta over-and-over-and over-and-over all the way through a Starbucks. I've never seen such a mess of AWFUL. I would have offered to clean it up myself, but I was also covered in it. UGH. I was so embarrassed and avoided the store FOREVER. They were so nice.

Stephanie

lizajane
01-09-2006, 05:42 PM
i can beat that. my kid didn't ruin something. but he did pee (on purpose, whipped it out) on the patio of a restaurant. thank goodness it was winter and there were only a few young people dining outside on the unsually warm day.

jordan1212
01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I feel better, I figured this stuff can happen. But, I could not get out of that mall fast enough. I hope they have insurance. I will never put any drink in the front of my P3. I will blame the stroller for not having a proper drink holder for mom's!

smallestangel
01-09-2006, 06:47 PM
"i can beat that. my kid didn't ruin something. but he did pee (on purpose, whipped it out) on the patio of a restaurant. thank goodness it was winter and there were only a few young people dining outside on the unsually warm day."

I'm sorry, but that just made me lmao. Seriously.

Ah, the joys of being a mom to boys, eh? Jacob's not quite two yet, and I can only imagine what he has in store for me. :)

ET: make it clear what I was responding to.

Amanda

dr mom
01-10-2006, 05:34 AM
This thread immediately reminded me of a post by americanmama that made me LMAO at the time. Perhaps it will be of some comfort to you!

The title: "WWYD: my toddler pooped in a store's display potty!"

You can tell this made an impression on me because I still remember the thread (and am still giggling as I re-read it) more than a year later.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=110113&mode=full

american_mama
01-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey, Cindy, I checked this thread to see what story YOU had to share, plus to add my own link to that thread! Great minds...