PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with Puerto Vallarta?

laurel
01-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Hello mamas,

DH, myself and our then 23 month old DD will be travelling to Puerto Vallarta for two weeks in February. Needless to say, I'm already having apoplexy about the prospect of flying with her. We haven't flown since she was born, so I've read the many posts here about travel with toddlers with interest. I'm going to get a friend from my DH's work who speaks Spanish to phone the resort for us to clarify some details regarding a playpen for the room. We're going to stay at an all inclusive, and are going with another couple who have a daughter of similar age. Any suggestions or recommendations from those of you who have BTDT? I'm thinking of buying an inexpensive umbrella stroller when we get there (our resort isn't that far from a big Wal Mart - talk about really getting away from it all...). We're flying a charter airline so our luggage restriction is fairly significant. Any experience with toting a toddler around PV?

Thanks!

pl71
01-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I haven't been there with a toddler, I went when I was 23. It's a beautiful place with nice beaches, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! If you plan to go downtown and not just stay at the resort, I remember that all the streets are cobblestone, so strollers might be hard to use. You'd probably be better off with a baby backpack or a mei tai.

The people are very friendly and almost everyone speaks English. I don't speak any Spanish and had no problems. Taxis are also easy to find and use, most have fixed, reasonable rates between hotels and downtown.

hez
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
My parents are going to an all-inclusive there in Feb with their boat friends. If you see a rowdy bunch of 50 & 60 year olds, that might just be them ;)

laurel
01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope we don't rain on their parade with a toddler in tow. :)

I thought worrying about her was all I had to think about for this trip. Then I realized I have to buy a bathing suit....

hez
01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I highly recommend a tankini with a fun skirt bottom. It can hide a lot of un-toned-ness, says the owner of a tankini with fun skirt bottom bought for just that reason ;)