PDA

View Full Version : Some more celeb gossip...Angelina's pregnant

karolyp
01-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Angelina told People that her and Brad are expecting a baby this summer. I just feel bad for Jennifer Aniston.

What do you all think?

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1145171,00.html

JBaxter
01-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Maybe I am in the minority but it seems like Angelina and Brad are happy and I hope it works for them and they have a long happy life. The pictures I saw of her she looks wonderful.

LaurelC
01-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Although I do feel really bad for Jennifer Aniston, I agree with you Jeana! Angelina's children are super adorable and by all accounts she is a great Mom. I hope they will all be happy (including Jennifer.)

mudder17
01-11-2006, 07:54 AM
If you're in the minority, then I'm in the minority too. It just seems that A&B are a good match for each other and I'm glad they're happy together. I really hope it works out for them long term!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

hautemama15
01-11-2006, 08:19 AM
I agree, so you are not in the minority. Who knows why Jen and Brad did not have a child. Maybe Jen had problems getting pregnant?? We just don't know. I think its great for Angelina and Brad. I like them together. I think Angelina is a great mother, from what we see in magazines and such. I feel sorry for Jennifer, but something tells me she was in that "career zone" and didn't want to have a baby yet and Brad did. Just my opinion, of course! Lots of luck to Brangelina!!

Calmegja2
01-11-2006, 08:22 AM
I think it's another temporary Hollywood matchup, and won't last long at all, and now there will be three children caught up in the mess, not two.

Not that two children in that mess weren't bad enough.

I'm sorry, but Angelina's history ( and Brad's for that point), does not point to longterm anything.

I'm so over both of them.

eta: horrific grammar mistake that I am blaming on coffee, or actually, lack of coffee

jamsmu
01-11-2006, 09:18 AM
that was my first thought. She's on location with Matt Damon--wonder how he'll get along with a little Pitt?

Then again, Pitt and Damon have done movies together (oceans 11 & 12). So, maybe not. A&B seem very happy and both love the children. Jennifer seems to be over it. She never expected the marriage to last.

mum1day
01-11-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm happy for them! And don't feel sorry for Jen at all.

That's going to be one gorgeous baby!

trumansmom
01-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Ditto.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

jd11365
01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Well having problems getting pregnant would be a terrible reason for him to leave her. I have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole relationship, mostly because he posed for that "family" spread with Angelina and a bunch of kids right after the split with Jennifer. I think that was in poor taste. I also thought Angelina was full of it when she said she couldn't respect someone who cheated on their wife in an interview when she was clearly with Brad. Blech.

chiqanita
01-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I have no idea what it is to be in their shoes...don't want to either...but it just seems so cruel the way it all happened. But hey, they're no different from the 'regular' folk. Everyday men leave their wives for 'younger' more 'exciting' women. Sometimes it's the men who get dumped.

I agree with PP, I don't think this relationship will last any longer than Angelina's first two marriages. She seems to be a 'free' spirit doing as she pleases and when Brad is done pleasing her she'll be on her way. I recall Brad on Oprah saying something about not believing that marriage was 'forever' it was basically 'right now'. At that very moment I knew he and Jen weren't going to be together for very long.

It's all very sad the way it came about ...especially being in the news...but I think everyone will be fine in the long run.

karolyp
01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
ITA...

Although I really like what Angelina's done for Cambodia and such, her and Brad's relationship leaves a bad taste in my mouth too.

kijip
01-11-2006, 10:20 AM
I think that they have about as much chance of staying together as Brad and Jennifer did. I think the same about any Hollywood couple. Come on, a few publicity photos in a mag does not a happy family make.

I also thinks it means we will see pictures of Angelina looking ridiculously thin pre and post delivery. Just what we mamas need---another People mag spread on "Hollywood Moms shed those Baby pounds Fast".

mamicka
01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
>I think that they have about as much chance of staying
>together as Brad and Jennifer did. I think the same about any
>Hollywood couple. Come on, a few publicity photos in a mag
>does not a happy family make.
>
>I also thinks it means we will see pictures of Angelina
>looking ridiculously thin pre and post delivery. Just what we
>mamas need---another People mag spread on "Hollywood Moms shed
>those Baby pounds Fast".

Yeah - what she said. You read my mind, Katie.

Allison

Vajrastorm
01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I think its great. I am irrationally fond of the Brad and Angelina combination - they were two of my favorite actors before they ever hooked up. I admire how dedicated she is to world issues, and I'm glad to see another big name celebrity pulled in that direction. Celebritites have clout (deserved or not) and I am always glad when they use that clout to do good.

Do I think they will be together forever and ever and ever? No, but in Hollywood forever rarely happens.

dogmom
01-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Team Jolie here! I don't know, always liked her, but Jennifer Anniston drove me insane. No good reason. But if I'm gong to roll in the celeb gossip mud pit might as well make it petty.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

mommyj_2
01-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I think it's wonderful. Angelina seems like a really dedicated, loving mom. She is always carrying her children/spending time with them, and seems to have a different vibe than certain other celebrity moms.
I also think there's no reason to feel sorry for Jen. Even she has said she gets annoyed when she's portrayed as a victim. If she wants a child, she can have one. She has obviously moved on with her life, even romantically.
I've never been a huge fan of Brad, but for some reason, he and Angelina really seem to be a good match. Who knows if they will make it....but that's the same for every couple having a baby.
I always think pregnancy announcements are moments to celebrate the new little life growing inside her/his mom's belly, and to celebrate the whole cycle of life.

aliceinwonderland
01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Well, since I have a crush on her (an not him, oddly :)), I hope against all odds that this actually works :)

I am neutral on Aniston, she evokes no strong feelings in me either way, but yeah, it would suck to be her right now...

mudder17
01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Wonderfully said. I agree with you. I also have never been a fan of Brad, but somehow they do seem to fit well. Will it last? Well, I'm sort of skeptical when it comes to hollywood marriages/couplehood, but I do cheer every time I notice in IMDB that a couple has been married for over 10 years (some over 20 years, which is rare, of course). Somehow I want this one to last because they do seem to be a good match and because she seems like such a good mother (but of course, that's what the tabloids say, so who knows the real truth).

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

aliceinwonderland
01-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I used to like you, Jessica. I really did...

(joking. It's take a little more than this) ;)

aliceinwonderland
01-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I agree with you, maybe I am an optimist for some things(who knew?).

I do not think Angelina as the reason that marriage broke up, I think they were just growing in different directions (I know, what a cliche!). She was just there at the right (or wrong) moment, depending on whose side you're on...

I think they are just going about things in the correct way this time, keeping it under wraps, etc...Maybe it works. It does for some people...

caridura
01-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Yup, it'll last until one of them strays with the next HOT co-star. <rme>

TraciG
01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Let's see how long they last together, Brad & Angelina !!!!!!!!

JBaxter
01-11-2006, 01:11 PM
It is now making a little more sense why Brad filed to adopt Angelina's 2 children. I hope it works. I know she gets judged alot on her past but what she has done over the past 5 yrs has been remarkable. Brad Pitt is 42 ( or something like that) and maybe his bio clock was ticking. I thought it was Jennifer Aniston that didnt want to have children and Brad wanted a family. Some tabloind paper stated that Brad and Angelina's relationship started out as an "emotional" affair. Maybe it the fact I want to believe in fairytales and she found her prince charming.

** here's hoping her a happy healthy pregnacy

Calmegja2
01-11-2006, 01:28 PM
>I used to like you, Jessica. I really did...
>
>(joking. It's take a little more than this) ;)

If we agreed on everything, our relationship would be boring.

Gotta keep that spice, you know? ;-)

Vajrastorm
01-11-2006, 02:35 PM
I have a crush on both of them!

fredsmom
01-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Am I the only one out there who can't get past all of the crazy things that she has done in her past...making out with her brother at the oscars, married to Billy Bob Thorton, vials of blood around her neck...just a few things that come to mind.

I know she is unconventional and she is doing a lot of good, but how long is this new role going to last?

Kathleen

hautemama15
01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
i didn't mean it to sound like i think he left her because maybe she had problems getting pregnant. i thought maybe it might have been a factor in their problems. maybe not. i still think she just wasn't ready and he was. who knows!

hautemama15
01-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I crush on both too. a little more on brad, but angelina is so beautiful and the fact that she is so open and honest and such a good mother (from what we are allowed to see anyway) makes me like her even more. i wish them lots of happiness!!

hautemama15
01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
i agree she has done some "interesting" things in her life, but it doesn't make her bad. i honestly think she is very well rounded and grounded in her life. especially since adopting and being with Brad.

Calmegja2
01-11-2006, 04:05 PM
>Am I the only one out there who can't get past all of the
>crazy things that she has done in her past...making out with
>her brother at the oscars, married to Billy Bob Thorton, vials
>of blood around her neck...just a few things that come to
>mind.
>
>I know she is unconventional and she is doing a lot of good,
>but how long is this new role going to last?
>
>Kathleen
>

Is it redundant for me to announce that I've not moved past these things? ;-)