PDA

View Full Version : Mascara??

jamsmu
01-11-2006, 03:34 PM
I went to the mall today without mascara--horrors!! Without knowing I wasn't *dressed*, I went to the Bobbi Brown counter at Neimans for lipstick. Well, he (make-up artist) pointed out that I had very little eye make-up on and asked if I usually am this way. (He was so classy about it. He was helping me pick the right lipstick and was just looking at my make-up to compare. Never tried to sell me anything--I LOVE him!) So I said yes... then looked at the mirror and realized I'd totally forgotten to finish making-up.

Anyway, I laughed about it with him and he gave me a disposible mascara brush and said, here, you can put this on. Simple as that. He walked away and didn't expect me to buy or anything. I'm telling you, I love this guy!

Anyway. I put it on and it is the smoothest I've EVER put on. And it looked perfect!!! Completely forgot about it til Wesley poked me in the eye (ouch!) and I started tearing up and nothing bled.

So, I love this stuff... but hate the Bobbi Brown price tag. Any suggestions of something similar or somewhere I can get it cheap--like a Bobbi Brown discount source?

Thanks for reading!

TaChapm
01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Mary Kay has a new Ultimate Mascara. It goes on really smooth and is volumizing. So far I like it but I have only been using it for 3 weeks now. It is not totally waterproof but it is water resistant. I have cried and it didn't run but it does wash off without too much scrubbing. It is $15. Before I started with Mary Kay I always used Volume Express but at the end it always seemed to dry out WAY too fast. I would have to say that it is my favorite mascara ever other than how fast it dries out.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05

http://b4.lilypie.com/p1eI0/.png[/img][/url]

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060609/3/0/1/-6/.png

bunnisa
01-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Try buying it off of Ebay. Great prices on BB! My favorite mascara is Max Factor Lashfinity. I've used them all and am happiest with it - no flaking, smudging, clumping (until it starts to dry out), doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and is easy to remove.

The current top rated mascaras on Makeupalley.com (one of my favorite sites!) - listed best first (there are hundreds reviewed; you might want to read the in-depth reviews before buying):

Mary Kay->Ultimate Mascara Mascara
Shu Uemura->Mascara Basic (Waterproof) Mascara
Helena Rubinstein->Lash queen Mascara
Estee Lauder->Pure Velvet Mascara Mascara
Fasio->Power-Stay Mascara 3D Curl Long in Black Mascara
Chanel->Sculpting Mascara Extreme Length Mascara
Shiseido ->The Makeup Mascara Base Mascara
Bourjois->Bourjois Pump Up the Volume Waterproof (Black) Mascara
Vincent Longo->Mascara Mascara
Shu Uemura->Lash Repair Mascara
Bonne Bell->eyestyle in black Mascara
Maybelline->Maybelline Volum' Express Ultra-Thick Mascara Mascara
Avon->Extreme Volume Flexicoat Mascara (non waterproof) Mascara
Guerlain->DIVINORA Regard Intense-Noir Divin No.10 (Black) Mascara
Kanebo->Kanebo Mascara 38*C Silk Performance Mascara
Max Factor->LashFinity Mascara

eta: Tara, I just noticed that the one you recommended is now the #1 pick on Makeupalley! I may have to get ahold of some.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

bostonsmama
01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
ITA about the Volume Express. My friend gave me a tube when she hit up a BOGO sale, and I loved it, but it's toast now...as in toast crumbs...and it hasn't even been 3 months. Sad, really.

Lancome makes a great mascara (defensil?) that I always wind up getting free mini tubes of when I do the bonus gift w/ purchase. I just hop between brands of whatever's free.

The Maybeline pink tube mascara that everyone raves about...I'm not feeling the love. But it might be worth the tiny price tag to check it out.

Larissa
***Cheers! Here's to better luck in 2006!***

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them."
-James Baldwin