PDA

View Full Version : Magic eraser on Jacuzzi?

lizamann
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Will a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser scratch a Jacuzzi tub - the acrylic, fiberglass type? I've been noticing those teensy little scratches on the tub lately, and I swear that when we moved in here the surface was pristine. I just went upstairs to practically accuse the cleaning lady of destroying the tub, and she showed me the magic eraser. It feels soft, but is it destroying my tub?

I am not handling owning a home that well. I hate worrying about my appliances! I swear that everything in this house was perfect when we moved in, but now (after only 5 months) I see degradation everywhere! I don't know if it's really that we are that hard on our stuff, or that it's just taken time to notice the imperfections. But I know that bathtub was sparkling! As was the stove top, the bathroom floor - now scratches everywhere! Renting and not worrying about resale was much more my speed. I hate being bogged down by "stuff." Sigh...

miki
01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Don't use Magic Eraser on your jacuzzi. You should think of the Magic Eraser like a superfine sandpaper sponge. Don't use it on anything shiny (like hi-gloss paint and plastic surfaces) unless you are ok with the spot you use it losing its shine.

You might be able to polish up those scratches with the sort of polishing compound you'd use on minor scratches on a car like a car detailing place would use. HTH