PDA

View Full Version : ISO a Handy Dandy Notebook from Blue's Clues

StaceyKim
01-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I have seen them online on ebay but there is a $5 shipping fee. Do you know where I can go and get one?? DC love the show

TIA!

momma_boo
01-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey there!

It's me - the one who discovered your "double" post!

I have to admit that sometimes I spend more time on urbanbaby - only b/c it does go so quickly and it's great sometimes when it's a quick question. But boy, some of those posts can get quite catty huh? I think it's the anonymity that lets people be as brutally honest as they would like to be.

g-mama
01-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I got one at Target but it was about two years ago. I think I've seen them more recently though.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

StaceyKim
01-13-2006, 11:18 AM
UB can be so addicting sometimes. My DH laughs at me and thinks the site is so boring. UB is so different from BBB.

I do go on UB when I have a quick question but I agree some of the girls on there are so b!tchy and mean.

icunurse
01-13-2006, 11:27 AM
While I can't be 100% sure, I swear I just saw them at LNT in their small toy area (they carry Backyardigans, Blues, Dora, etc).
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

Bethann31
01-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I just found this with a quick google search.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q='handy+dandy+notebook%22&pid=4859775986728509989&oid=4323326869725046448&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogler&lmode=&addr=&scoring=p&hl=en

Beth

mom to Josh, Mollie, Jeffrey and Katherine Grace

kimbe
01-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I saw one at CVS just the other day!!!!!!! Let me know if you'd like me to check again!

Saartje
01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't mean this snidely, so I hope it doesn't sound that way, but is there something special about the brand-name Handy Dandy Notebook? Years ago, we just took a small 97 cent notebook, stuck a crayon in the spirals, and he loved playing Blues Clues with it. If you want to get really fancy, you could paint a blue pawprint on the cover. Is there something that makes the $5 shipping + however much for the notebook one special?

StaceyKim
01-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Don't take this snidely but I want the one that looks like the one on Blue's Clues. My DC are REALLY into the show and want one. Plus, the notebook is erasable and reusuable. I am not going to pay the $5 shipping...that's why I am trying to find one at a local store.

Saartje
01-13-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't think my nephew was any less into the show than your children, just because he was delighted with an ordinary notebook of approximately the right shape and size. ;) Erasable and reusable is what I was wondering — whether there was some special feature that made it different from any other notebook, aside from the brand label on it.

StaceyKim
01-13-2006, 05:26 PM
i already got my dc the regular spiral notebook from walgreens. they liked it but i think they will really like the "real" looking one and hey, for $5-, it is worth it.
i will let you know, once i find it!!!! i will look this weekend at the stores mentioned.

Andrea S
01-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I have gotten them at Toys R Us on an endcap near the crayon section.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02
& #2 EDD 3/28/06

StaceyKim
01-13-2006, 05:34 PM
thanks!

muskiesusan
01-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I saw them at all the Targets I visited this week (I became a little obsessed with the clearance in the toys section...).

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

s7714
01-14-2006, 12:58 AM
I've seen multipacks of them at my local party supply store. They were in the Blue's Clues section with all the other BC themed party favors. (Of course they weren't quite as big as the one Joe uses, but they weren't dinky either.) ETA: Sadly I doubt the party favor ones are reusable of course!

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

JElaineB
01-14-2006, 11:20 AM
I won't try to dissuade you from purchasing a real "Handy Dandy Notebook" because we have had 2 of them. DS is a HUGE Blue's Clues fan and so I also submitted to his whim to get a Handy Dandy notebook when he saw it while shopping (BTW, I got one at Target and another at Kmart).

HOWEVER, I will agree with Saartje that they a regular old notebook is better. DS has several of the small flip top notebook and enjoys those way more (as a substitue Handy Dandy Notebook) than the real thing. Reasons: first of all, the crayon does not really write well on the pages of the Handy Dandy Notebook, so it is really just for show. So the reusable part is useless, cause you can't see anything written on it in the first place. Second, the spiral is way too big for the crayon and it falls out as soon as you put it in, frustrating DS to no end. A regular pencil stays nicely in the small paper notebooks OTOH. Third, the DS is always managing to remove the spiral and the whole notebook falls apart and guess who gets to put it back together? Fourth, it does not fit in DS's back pocket (the regular papers ones do) and DS gets frustrated that he can't put it in his back pocket and whip it out like Steve or Joe can. Fourth, they do get trashed eventually, thus the purchase of the second notebook even though I had enough after the first one! But DS does like the looks of it :) Just don't expect it to be very useful. :)

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Toba
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
I saw them at LNT RIGHT before Christmas at their displays at the registers. I have no idea what the price was though.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Melanie
01-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I have seen them at Target.