PDA

View Full Version : Funniest things they've said and done lately...

Judegirl
01-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I could use some more smiles on this dark and rainy day. Anyone want to share?

Here are mine:

Last week I found Rory eating a book, and said "Oh, honey, we don't eat books." She removed it from her mouth, folded it back the correct way, and said, quite seriously, "That's a problem?"

Today while I was changing her clothes she informed me "You can climb a hill. You can climb a rock. You can climb a sausage."

And lately she's been loving to taunt me with "Mommy has a stinky diaper."

Any others? :)

Jude

bcky2
01-14-2006, 11:52 AM
lol, sausage???

today i told my older ds that we have to go to the post office. he asked me why and i said because we are going to put you in the mail and send you to grandmas. he looks at me and say "no, you cant! i wont fit in the mail box."

all morning he has been telling everyone that they are a parasite. where did he get that from????

Saartje
01-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Ishy hasn't been too enthused about talking on the phone to his dad lately, so tonight I held him on my hip while I put the phone to his ear. He listened for a minute, then decided to ignore the phone utterly, and took his pacifier out of his mouth and babbled to me while he tried to put the slobbery pacifier in my ear. I guess if I was putting something against his ear, he thought he'd put something against mine!

mariza
01-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Lately when I try to sing Grace to sleep she plucks the paci from her mouth and as fast as she can shoves it into mine. Guess she doesn't like my singing :( She thinks this is the funniest thing in the world!
I'm afraid of what she'll come up with when she actually starts talking.

kijip
01-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Toby has dubbed my sanitary napkins (not mama cloth, just reqular old disposible pads) "mama diapers". As in annoucing "Mama is getting her diaper on".

mamaturk
01-14-2006, 09:40 PM
DD says the same thing, "Mommy diaper". Ugh.....

jamsmu
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Tonight to me: "I have a stomachache and you don't have a penis."

This morning: "Daddy, you're going poopy--ewwwww--gross!"

Tonight, Daddy said "Wesley's crying because he doesn't feel well."
Carson: Give him milk. That will make him all better.

buddyleebaby
01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
I groan when frustrated.
A couple of days ago, dh picked dd up when she was playing to change her diaper, she reached for a minute, whined for a minute, and then looked him straight in the eye and GROWLED (quite ferociously I might add).
Dh says I am a bad influence. I say, she got her point across!

proggoddess
01-14-2006, 10:07 PM
DD doesn't say very many long sentences. But the other day, my DH was trying to remove the legs off one of our office chairs. He was banging on it with a mallet. Today, DD was sitting in her chair and uttered her second 3-word sentence. "Daddy broken chair."

He thinks I coached her. He was with me when she said it for the first time! :)

MarisaSF
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Jazz: Up! Doan! (Rhymes with "Joan.")

Me: Up! Down!

Jazz: Doan!

Me: Down.

Jazz: Doan?

Me: No, dowwwwn.

Jazz: No, DOAN!

:)

We're working on pronunciation. One of her Grandpas is named "Mike" and both are going by their first names for now. She calls him "Mine" which is pretty adorable and just melts his heart. ;)

lisams
01-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Cute!

A few days ago DD declared with enthusiasm "I'm not a girl. I'm a super-girl!"

:-)

emilys_mom
01-14-2006, 11:31 PM
DD is only 7.5 mos. old, so not talking yet, but last week started picking up the habit of growling when she sees someone. Guess it's her version of "hi". So every day we walk in daycare and she goes "grroooowwwwllll." And all the teachers growl back. Pretty funny.

1ceng1
01-15-2006, 12:16 AM
My almost 3 yr old was in the bathroom peeing while I was feeding her baby sister. I did not hear a toilet flush, instead she said "oh no, it fell". It took me a minute to get over there to find her holding her sister's dripping wet pacifier over the toilet. She had water dripping down the length of her arm all over the floor. I asked her if she had dropped it into the toilet and reached into it to retrieve it. She said, "don't worry mom, I used a tissue". I noticed the tiny bit of toilet paper soaked in her palm that she thought had acted as a barrier from the toilet water. She also informed me that she did not flush after she peed.

mommab
01-15-2006, 01:44 AM
ROTFLMAO!! That is the funniest thing!!

The other day, as dd was patiently waiting for me to get my 8.5 month prego body in gear to take her to the playground that she was "bored"! Don't know where she's EVER heard that word - and I hope it's not repeated!

Last night on the way home from Costco she announced that "I have a great idea!"... and we said "what is it?"...she just kept saying "I have a great idea!" She's probably heard her poppa say this when he's trying to get out of doing some chore - lol!

Great thread - priceless words out of the mouths of babes!