PDA

View Full Version : Bare Escentuals users - questions!

KrisM
01-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Okay, I got the starter kit for Christmas and generally like it. But, I have a few questions.

1. Do you use the same brush for different things without washing/cleaning it? The directions say to use it for Mineral Viel and Warmth.

2. Are there better brushes to use? I'm getting sick of the shedding!

3. How can I get the powder back in the container? When I travel it gets shaken around so much, I have a ton of it on the lid side of the holes.

4. Dumb question, but which is darker: light or fairly light? I just can't tell :).

5. How often do you reapply? It seems like I need to put it on in the morning, around noon, and again if I go out at night. Is this typical?

Thanks!

JFC
01-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm no expert, I bought my starter kit in November...also LOVING it! Thanks to all the mamas who recommended it! I'll try to answer a few of your questions, but am sure some of the "experts" will have more details for you.

1) I use the same two brushes for everything...the conceler brush with the bisque (bought seperately - well worth it!) and the Flawless Applicator brush for the foundation, warmth and mineral veil. My salesperson at Sephora recommended washes my brushes with a bit of gentle shampoo once a week and letting them air dry on a towel.

2) Not sure, I have experienced little shedding - maybe a "hair" or two here or there...

3) I owe this one to my salesperson, too. She recommended not pulling off the complete label on the holes...it is too late for that for you, but it does work well for the warmth which I hardly use. Maybe when you travel you could "shake" the powder back under the holes and then place a piece of masking tape or something over the holes?

4) I find the light to be more yellow than the fairly light - not really "darker."

5) I don't reapply - once a day works for me. I have been applying both the Rev-ver upper and a sunscreen first - not sure if that helps. Also, I tend not to do this, but my saleswomen recommended sprtizing a bit of evian spray on after applying the makeup to help "set-it."

HTH! ;-)

jamsmu
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
NAK

>1. Do you use the same brush for different things without
>washing/cleaning it? The directions say to use it for Mineral
>Viel and Warmth.
Used it for almost a year and I've NEVER washed my brushes. Now I feel yucky! I use the short, plump one for the min veil and the minerals. use the regular brush for warmth as well as "Golden Gate" blush which I just bought last month--great color.

>2. Are there better brushes to use? I'm getting sick of the
>shedding!
I don't recall mine ever shedding. I'd consider calling BE about this
>
>3. How can I get the powder back in the container? When I
>travel it gets shaken around so much, I have a ton of it on
>the lid side of the holes.
This drives me crazy, too. I like the PP suggestion... but i just shake it down.
>
>4. Dumb question, but which is darker: light or fairly light?
>I just can't tell :).

I forget which is which. But #1 is lighter than #2--I had trouble with that too. I think fairly light is for more fair skin??
>
>5. How often do you reapply? It seems like I need to put it
>on in the morning, around noon, and again if I go out at
>night. Is this typical?

I apply in the am, and only later if I'm going out at night.

Enjoy!