PDA

View Full Version : Brother/sister baths?

jmac588
01-15-2006, 08:02 PM
At what age does this start to become inappropriate? I have never had a problem but recently they are both really fascinated with their hineys and flaunt them about to make the other giggle. Maybe it's nothing but silliness, but I'm starting to wonder if I should now start separating them during bathtime! My ds is oldest and they are 26 months apart.

I don't want to be too neurotic about the 'body' and they certainly see enough of the opposite sex's body parts at daycare so I never thought it was that big of a deal. But I don't know when this starts to cross a line between siblings....

Does anyone let their DD & DS bathe together? When will you/did you stop?

TraciG
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I only have on child now BUT Sydney already points & laughs when she see's her father's penis or her second cousin's !!!!!!

She is 26 months !

JBaxter
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I remember taking baths w/ my brother so I had to be atleast 5 or 6 yrs old maybe older and he is 18mo younger.

Corie
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
My kids take baths together and they have such a great
time! My daughter is 4 years old and my son is 15 months old.

My daughter might make the occasional comment about her
brother's boy parts but it really is a non-issue.

Twin Mom
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
My boy/girl twins are 3+ and they still bathe together. They know they have different parts but it isn't an issue here either.

AdoptChina
01-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I usually bathe my 2 yr old DS alone but often my 5 yr old DD asks to get in too (heck, my 8 and 11 yr old DSs still ask if they can get in with the 2 yr old lol).....

Saartje
01-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Flaunting their heinies to make one another giggle is nothing to worry about IMO. I think the time to start separating them is when one of them starts being uncomfortable or asks for a solo bath.

AdoptChina
01-16-2006, 12:26 AM
I agree....and as the mom of 3 boys (and another on the way) I can say I see my fair share of heiney shaking at each other every day lol

hautemama15
01-16-2006, 10:23 AM
i did give baths together from the time DS could sit well and DD was about 2 yrs old. I stopped when DS was about 4 and DD was 5. Too many questions, which I answered, and I didn't want them to touch anywhere inappropriately even by accident. They liked playing together in the bath so it was sad, but they adjusted well and it was a non issue.

cara1
01-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Ours bathe together too (DD 15 mos and DS 4yrs). Makes life easier to do one instead of 2 baths.

Might I add that recently, however, a certainly little dangly thing has become quite intriguing to my little girl. She has reached out to grab it on more than one occassion!

I too have wondered, though, when I will stop? Puberty? Before? I have no idea.