PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help Needed - Crop Pot cooking question

ciaobella
01-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I have the Betty Crocker crock pot receipe cook book and I am attempting to use my crock pot for the first time tomorrow. I have everything prepped and ready to go to make Jambalaya, but I have one question. The recipe does not call for water or any other liquid. I thought that you were supposed to cover the food with liquid??? I flipped through the cook book and the other recipes seem to call for water or broth, etc., if it is needed. So, does it just cook without any extra liquid? The only liquid to speak of is from the diced tomatoes.

Thanks for the insight!

Anne

daisymommy
01-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Not every recipe needs water/broth/liquid. Something different about Crock-pot cooking is the liquid doesns't evaporate off like it does in other methods. So all the juice from the diced tomatoes will remain in there.
I would just follow the recipe exactly as it says. Betty Crocker recipes are usually pretty reliable.
Good luck and enjoy!

ciaobella
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the quick response! My dinner is all ready in the crock pot in the fridge - we just need to put it on the pot in the morning. I am so excited! Thanks again!

kelly ann
01-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Please post how it turns out...I would love a tasty new crock pot recipe :)