PDA

View Full Version : Are UGG boots out???

firstbaby
01-16-2006, 04:03 PM
My DH informed me in a matter-of-fact voice yesterday that UGG boots were "out" when I told him I was thinking of picking up a pair. Now, you BBB mamas are a lot more in the know than he is so please weigh in about this debate. :) Thanks!

goodnightmoon
01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
I have absolutely no personal knowledge about Uggs, but Trent from Pinkishthenewblog.com thinks so. ;)

Laura
mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

muskiesusan
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
TJ Maxx has been selling them, so I think that is a sign they aren't the most "in" thing right now, but I still see lots of people wearing them!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

BeachBum
01-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes, they are out. But no so out that people are going to point and laugh. :)

MarisaSF
01-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Apparently not in San Diego. It's what like 70 degrees here, but after yoga class yesterday I would have thought we were living in the arctic. At least half the class left wearing those god-awful boots. :P

Well, to be honest, some of them were Aussie Dog brand, but same difference.

dr mom
01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I think they're a little out - no longer sufficiently in fashion that the jet set crowd is wearing them everywhere with skirts and shorts.

I wear mine with boot cut jeans and if I'm hopelessly uncool, well I just don't give a rat's patotee - they were too pricey (and comfy) to send to Goodwill!

daisyandacorn
01-16-2006, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't buy a pair....sorry
Susan

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, they are out and I am about to purchase my second pair of boots and my third pair of slippers. If you are looking for warmth and comfort these can not be beat. I go from my boots outside to my slippers in the house and both pair are shot right now. I hate to part with the money right now so I have been wearing them both with holes. They may not be so in anymore, but no retailer I have seen has has enough stock in the classic best sellers to have had to take markdowns after holiday which is what I was trying to wait for.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

brigmaman
01-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Lol, they may be out, but I just received my 2nd pair, too! I wear them almost every day and also have shearling slippers. ;) The second pair I purchased are a bit higher than the first and are super-warm. I can't wear them shopping indoors or I get too hot. I think the shearling boots with some fur/straps are more in if you are concerned about fashion.

barbarhow
01-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Ahhh. That's the great thing about living in Maine. We are at least 3 fashion seasons behind the rest of the world. I've got a few more winters left in mine. :-)

ETA-and I personally wouldn't care one way or another as they are the warmest things I have ever had on my feet.

sidmand
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Yes I think so, but...Oprah had some on her Favorite Things show so it may depend on the style? The ones she had were lace up shin-type boots.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Sillygirl
01-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Generally, if I've heard of them, they're already out. These are the big fuzzy ugly things, right?

jesseandgrace
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
The new "it" boots are LIVS, they are crochet boots that can be machine washed. Also ugly, but I am strangely into them.

Mommy_Again
01-16-2006, 09:59 PM
technically yes, but I still see people wearing them, even celebrities (well, Tori Spelling, at least).

papal
01-16-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't care if they are out because they are the most comfortable shoes ever. And these days, I am not able to bend and wear socks so the Uggs are the BEST!
Love Ugly Uggs!

karolyp
01-17-2006, 08:39 AM
I hope so!! I hated those things. Yes, I agree, they must be nice for places like Michigan, but we're in Florida. Give me a break!!

lmariana
01-17-2006, 10:02 AM
If they are, I don't care...they are sooo comfy! I usually only wear mine when I'm going to be outside for a while, but I also wear them around the house to stay cozy and save on heating costs! I have the slippers too, which I am addicted to. If they are out, then that's good news for me, because I can buy new ones for less!

Mariana
Mom to Gabe (8/03) and Atom (10/05)
www.heinzandmariana.com
http://www.geocities.com/kellysb/images/medals/awardbar2-bronze.jpg[p]
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Gabe-spc-and-spc-Atom.png

kboyle
01-17-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm a fairly fashion conscious person and could care less if they are "out", they are super comfy and warm. I wouldn't wear them with the jeans tucked IN to the boot, but that's just me.

I've been trying to find marked down prices or even fakes, but have had no luck. I'm kind of sad, because it's just going to get colder here in Cleveland and a nice warm pair of boots would be great!

cmdunn1972
01-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Considering that what's "in" or "out" at the moment changes every other month or so, if I had to keep up with what's fashionable at every turn I'd be broke! :)

For instance, is that velvet/velour look "out" already too? LOL Figures it would be right as I'm getting ready to wear a velvet halter top to DH's after-the-holidays office party. ;)

ddmarsh
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
>I've been trying to find marked down prices or even fakes, but
>have had no luck.

I have the clogs and the slippers and just bought a pair of boots from an Ebay seller for a pretty good price - $119 BIN with free shipping. The name is shoesforauction. I was at Nordstrom at Beachwood and they were out of most sizes.

I'm kind of sad, because it's just going to
>get colder here in Cleveland and a nice warm pair of boots
>would be great!

It's not looking that way is it? I wish the snow would come back!

renefjr
01-17-2006, 12:03 PM
If anyone is interested...I just ordered a pair for our DS from

http://www.superlambfootwear.com/

Use the code "loyal" for 50% off. Shipping is a little pricey and there are no returns. But if you're in the San Diego area you can pick them up to save on shipping.

Sorry, I know this should be in the bargains forum but since some of you were inquiring about uggs, I thought I post it here.

kboyle
01-18-2006, 12:32 AM
i just checked the site out and unfortunately they don't have my size in a normal color. i wear a sz 6 womens and can fit into kids sizes but they only have lilac available, unless i size up one. does anyone know how they fit? i heard they fit pretty big, so size down. i should go to nordys to try on sizes. hmmm. do you know how long they will be 50% off? i may consider getting DSs a pair.

aliceinwonderland
01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
They're out in the sense how they were so "in" before, yes. But Ugg-like boots (you know, sherpa lined, suede on the outside, flat or near flat) are the kind of thing that is never completely out just because they are so darn comfortable. I saw pair of Ugg-like boots the other day (dark brown, different brand) I really wanted. Pair them with argyle or patterned tights and whatever tweed skirt is in style that second and I think you'll be okay :)

Right now, the boots that seem to be in style are the ones that look like you're wearing two small furry animals on your feet.