PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me why

deenass
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
When i sit down with DS to have a snack, I feed him a pear and i eat chocolate chip cookies? I know that HE should be eating fruit, so, I should be eating fruit!!!!!! And amazing kid that he is, he asked me for a cookie, I gave him one and then he happily ate his pear (while I ate more choclate chip cookies!!!)

Oh, and did I mention, we sat down to eat this snack RIGHT after I got off the treadmill?????

elliput
01-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Ahhh, that sounds like one of the great mysteries of life! I have no clue why we do things like that, but I keep hoping somebody does. ;-)

jayali
01-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I have no answer, just wanted to say, be grateful you did it after you got off of the treadmill!

If you do find an answer from one of the VERY SMART mommies on this board then maybe she will be able to tell me why I insist on ordering french fries for DS when I know he hates them. Could it be because they are my favorite food group??

bostonsmama
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm always ravinously hungry after a good workout. I've been hitting the gym as a resolution this month, and it seems that everytime I get home (from a 1.5-2 hour cardio session) I eat the gross domestic product of China in calories, virtually elimating any benefit. The only nice thing is that I'm getting toned...but tone under a layer of fluff!

Hey, when you figure it out this little mystery, PM me!

Larissa
***Cheers! Here's to better luck in 2006!***

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them."
-James Baldwin

mamamayi
01-17-2006, 12:04 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I read somewhere that the best time to eat something "bad" is right after a workout because your metabolism is the highest then and you burn off the calories better then! :o)

May

kijip
01-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Well lady you DESERVE to eat carbs after a workout! Don't knock yourself over it. Try eating something before you work out with carbs and proteins to see if that curbs your post workout appetite somewhat since you want to eat less cookies.