PDA

View Full Version : Loft beds?

jd11365
01-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Kayla's room isn't very big. That, or she has too many toys. ;) I have a trundle bed for her room that's currently in the guest room, but I'm thinking I might prefer a loft bed in her room instead. I think with the bed up high, there will be room underneath for play. I'm trying to find stuff online, but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. Anyone have any suggestions?

miki
01-16-2006, 11:32 PM
IKEA has one. It's not fancy but it's also under $200. Search for KURA on their website. It looks much more appealing in the store than in the picture online. You can use it one way and have just a low bed if your kiddo is a bit young for a loft. Then you flip it around and you can have the lofted bed with space underneath for play or an extra mattress.

jd11365
01-16-2006, 11:37 PM
No IKEA in Florida. :(

COElizabeth
01-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Have you looked at the Flexa beds? We have one for James but have not yet lofted it. I liked that we could start him out on the ground and then add the leg extensions to the bed later.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

g-mama
01-17-2006, 08:25 AM
I just wanted to mention that we got a loft bed a few months ago for Paolo when he had just turned 5. The recommendation is that loft beds are for kids 6+, but we felt he was close enough and wanted one for the same reason you do. He climbed into it in the store, thought it was very cool and said he loved it. Once we got it, he is afraid of sleeping up there. He doesn't say he's afraid, but he won't stay in it and we didn't have that problem before, so I really believe he feels insecure up there. He has slept on his floor 90% of the time since getting it in October and it's become a big issue in our home!

I just wanted to share our experience with you because we wish we had not gotten it. :(

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

MelissaTC
01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
I second checking out Flexa. It is awesome furniture and there are various heights to loft. We are seriously considering getting Matthew one- the low loft. I don't think it is very high at all (would be totally fine for Kayla) and gives them a play area underneath.

http://www.flexa.dk/usa/

ltenaza
01-31-2006, 01:51 AM
i love flexa beds! we started my son's off on the floor when he was 2 1/2. we made it into a low loft with slide shortly after his 3rd birthday. he loves it. we have the playhouse tent top on it and the curtains underneath. he is almost 4 now, and still thinks it's great--so does his 1 1/2 yr old brother. the younger one has been climbing up the ladder since he was 9 months old! kind of scary at first, but it's really not that high. i would recommend the angled ladder with handrail--much easier for them to get up and down. i am putting another flexa bed in my other son's room--this one with a trundle (for visitors). am looking forward to turning older son's into an L-shaped bunk bed (and use the bottom for a sofa to read books on--i'm tired of sitting in the bean bag chair!). I'm just waiting for him to give the OK--he doesn't want to give up to clubhouse under the bed yet.