PDA

View Full Version : Feedback wanted on Kindermusik classes

NewGrandma
01-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Just checking to see if an BBB members have been to Kindermusik classes and what you thought of them. I'm condisdering taking my grandson (14 mo.) to "The Village" classes and would love to hear if you and your child enjoyed them.
Thanks!
Linda

MegND95
01-17-2006, 02:06 PM
We loved, loved, loved them! The classes are pretty expensive, but I have been very impressed, and felt the money was well spent. I took my older two kids, each when they were about 18-22m. We had a great time, and still use some of the materials given to us in class.

Have fun with your grandson!

TraciG
01-17-2006, 02:09 PM
What a great grandma you are !! Have fun at music class !

deenass
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I've been taking my son to kindermusik since he was 6 mos old. We started in The Village and are now in Our Time. He LOVES the class (which is why we keep going back).

lilycat88
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Kindermusik classes. We're just finishing the first session of Our Time and have signed up again. She has such a fabulous time when we go and we use the materiels at home as well.

DD started Our Time at about 14 months even though the class information says it's 18 mo and older (I think). You might check with the instructor to make sure she wouldn't recommend Our Time. The instructors here generally move kids up to Our Time if they are pretty mobile. My understanding of Village is that there is a lot of "lap" work and lifting/swaying/moving while you are holding the child. My DD would have never stood for that since she was walking. I could be way off and the practice could be different wherever you are. DD was the youngest in her class by quite a bit (6-8 months)but we went into it with no expectation other than to have fun and we did that and she did do well with the older kids.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

NewGrandma
01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback on your experiences with Kindermusik. I too, was wondering about which class would be most appropriate. When they are so close to the cut off age you never know where they will fit in best. We are going to visit the Village class this week. I asked and was told all of the children happen to be around my grandson's age so hopefully it will be the appropriate class for us to some have fun. If not then I'll ask to check out the Our Time class. I hope we enjoy it as much as you all do!!
Linda