PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day gift for DH?

CiderLogan
01-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I thought it would be cute to get something for DH from each of his girls. From our DD, I got him a Starbucks gift card. From our second DD-to-be, a "daddy's little valentine" bib. But from me... nothing yet, and I have no ideas! He is into keeping himself healthy, so all the chocolate/candy/alcohol stuff is out. I can't think of any types of clothes, movies, CDs, magazines, etc. that he might like. Any ideas out there for something creative but also useful?

Thanks,
Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

mama2g03
01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Not sure what your price range is, but redenvelope.com has some nice things. I like the monogrammed locket cuff links. They have lots of chocolate type stuff which you said is out, but they have some neat little gadget type things, too. And several "get you in the mood" type gifts if your looking for a more romantic gift. HTH.

kboyle
01-18-2006, 12:15 AM
i love looking at redenvelope.com, i still have yet to buy from there yet though. i'm having that problem too. i kinda jipped DH for xmas so I was thinking of going all out for vday. I was considering a portable DVD player for the car that straps onto the back of the headrests. He's been looking at those, but I keep thinking save your $$, get something cheesy and then we can go in on it together for our anniversary gift.

Gap always has really cute pj bottoms, boxers & boxer briefs that has hearts or "i love u" on them, which every year my DH gets. I love that he walks around in heart pjs :)

Does he wear a tie? Picture places make ties that you can put the kiddos pics on, its cute & a bit tacky, but they are pretty cheap.

Does he golf? I know its a tad bit too cold to golf, but a gc for a round of golf is always nice.

A little shaving or men's beauty product basket...shaving cream, lotion, new razor, toothbrush (DH LOVES new toothbrushes and thinks I'm a goddess because I always surprise him with new ones, he's so easy to please) shower gel, monogrammed towel or robe with your nickname for him or something like "hubby" on it.

Framed picture of you and the DD's for work desk, if he has one.

A nite out, just the 2 of you, get a sitter all lined up, have reservations for dinner, plan a movie or somewhere to go afterward, or just home... :*

Make a coupon book of stuff for him...his movie night, his choice dinner nite, back, foot, neck, whatever massage, leave me alone night, an US night, breakfast in bed...

make him a picture book from somewhere like www.mypublisher.com of just the two of you dating, wedding, marriage, no kids, just you two. or make one of just him, without you, with DD's (that's what I did for DH with Charlie last year and 1 for my dad with me and him with Charlie)

wow, all these ideas just keep popping up. now i have to decide what i want to do for DH. I like the product basket idea. DH needs a new toothbrush anyway!

HTH!

1ceng1
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Two years ago I got DH the monogrammed photo keychain from Redenvelope.com, it's masculine and small enough to have the kids pictures with him all the time. I wish I had one for my keychain...nevermind, the kids are with me all the time anyway!

jamsmu
01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Since he's into keeping himself healthy, what about a healthy lifestyle magazine? Does he work out? Maybe some workout clothing or a really nice waterbottle set or something else he can use while working out. Or you could burn a workout CD for him.

Does he read? My DH doesn't often, but I sometimes surprise him with books -- and he doesn't put them down til he finishes--and he loves to have something to do on the potty, kwim? My sister always gives DH gift certs to BN. When he needs a break, he'll go over, get a coffee and read newspapers, magazines and/or books. Its one of his favorite gifts.

Or what about a date night? By a gift cert to the movies and book a sitter.

That's about all I can think of now... Enjoy!

SeekerMage
01-18-2006, 09:17 AM
well since you got him the coffee gift certificate what about a photo mug with your dds picture on it? I have seen several different ones from travel ones that open up and you just stick different pictures inside, to ones that you have permanently placed on the mug. Walgreens carries the travel ones and they also make the permenent ones and have a few different types. Im sure snapfish and all those online places might also have something similar.

CiderLogan
01-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas! I'll definitely be able to find one from all of these.... I appreciate the responses!

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!