PDA

View Full Version : scrapbookers...favorite creative memories product(s)?

brittone2
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm going to a crop this friday with the wife of one of Dh's classmates...I have never used any CM products (frankly I haven't had time to scrapbook at all since DS was born almost 2 years ago!!). I know they are pricey, but I feel like I sort of have to go as this woman was nice enough to invite me.

So in any case, I don't have a big budget for buying many supplies currently since I have drawers filled to the brim with supplies I haven't used in 2 years. But obviously I'll want to buy something to help out the person holding the crop.

Any favorites? Anything you hate?

aim
01-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Personally, I think that the products CM does really well are tools. Their Custom Cutting system is teh best way I have ever seen to cut circles and other shapes (thought I only use my circles). But if I was just going and going to purchase something small to help out a friend. I would probably get the square punch. It comes with two size squares and is very useful for all sorts of things. I think it is like $20. Well worth it IMO.

Amy
Bennett 1-14-04

holliam
01-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey Beth, I scrapbook too so get hooked! :) The best store is not far from you in Durham!

I'm not a fan of Creative Memories but I agree with PP that if I were to buy something, I'd go with one of their tools, and the square punch is a great idea!

Holli

Mommy_Again
01-23-2006, 09:16 PM
I really like the CM products. A good friend of mine is a rep so I have bought a lot. Can you go through the supplies you have and see where you need to fill in? I agree the cutting system is great and I use my square or circle cutters all the time for titles. There is a journaling template that is awesome, but I think it is just a giveaway, not something to actually buy. But ask your friend b/c mine just gave it to me! You probably already have a corner rounder, but that is always a hit. They just came out with a scalloped edge corner rounder that looks cute. I like the 12" straight edge trimmer, and there is also a version that makes wavy edges.

overcome
01-23-2006, 09:58 PM
ITA with previous posters...the cutting system can't be beat and I love the square punch. The corner rounder is also better than others that I have used.

HTH!
Ashley

MelissaTC
01-23-2006, 10:04 PM
The square punch is awesome. The toddler trinkets stickers are really cute- trains, sippy cups, some classic wooden toys ;). I like them. I also like the cutting system although I hardly shape my photos anymore. I also really like the Power Sort Box. It holds a ton of photos and to be honest, has made my life much more easier in terms of keeping track of my photos. I now grab this box to go crop. It is 35.00 (ouch! I know!) but worth it, imho.

Have fun cropping!

pritchettzoo
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I still haven't really gotten into scrapbooking (I took on too many craft projects at once!), but I have a couple of things from CM that are very nice. As Melissa said, the Power Sort is great! There's also a mini version that is cheaper. Their corner rounder is really nice--much nicer than a cheapo version I'd gotten from Michael's years ago. Their pens are supposed to be nice too; I would try them first because pen preferences are so personal!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

supercalifragilous
01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
I just signed on to be a CM consultant myself after going to my FIRST crop (never was interested in scrapbooking before but got hooked instantly). Getting products at cost was the big thing for me.

Anyway, I just bought a whole bunch of supplies for myself since I'm just starting out and by far my faves are the Cutting Systems. They're discontinuing the Jazzy Patterns system - the one with the swirly starfish - and that's my favorite. PERFECT for beach pics! It's a Memory Keeper's Club item (which means you have to earn points w/purchases to get them) but maybe the consultant will make an exception.

Here's a pic of the Jazzy pattern set on eBay:
http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/ed/16/6f_1_b.JPG

Also the CM punches are great - I like the big ones since you can use those to punch out your DC in pics where they're really tiny b/c they were taken far away. I like how the punches are all accessorized to perfectly mount inside each other proportionately.

The personal trimmer is good too b/c I like the ones with the swivel arms better than the sliding blade and it fits in my bag nicely (to go to crop parties), plus it stores the cutting blades in the little drawer.

brittone2
01-25-2006, 09:13 AM
I didn't know you scapbooked Holli!

We have to get together soon. I've been meaning to email you and Celeste!

brittone2
01-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions!!! Now I'll have some things to keep my eye out for that would be good additions to my current stash :)

I'm kind of intimidated going to this thing because I haven't scrapped anything in sooooooo long!!! Even when I was getting a chance to do it before DS arrived, I was still a relative newbie.

Anyway, the square punch would be great since I don't have one and the cutting system and power sort look nice too!

Thanks so much :)