PDA

View Full Version : "Fashion" question- How to minimize lumps/bumps/bulges?

WitMom
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I recently bought some new pants, and I had them on this morning to wear to work. I took a look at my rearend in the mirror (thank goodness) before I headed out the door, and I was not impressed (actually horrified is more like it). The pants are a lighter color than I normally wear, and some sort of bistrectch fabric (whereas I normally do a twill/chino type fabric) and they did a great job of showing the many lumps and bumps of cellulite that I have. So, what do I wear under these pants to "smooth" the lumps/bumps/bulges. I don't necessarily want to "suck" every thing in, although I could probably benefit from that as well, but more to smooth things out. I hate to even think it, because it makes me feel like my mother, but the only thing I can think of is a girdle. There's gotta be something better, right?

JTsMom
01-24-2006, 11:10 AM
This is kind of girdle-ish, but they do make body smoother type panty things. Also, they sell ones with all different degrees of control, so it doesn't have to necessarily be the super-tight, can't breathe mom girdle of the past.

Or...

You could just try some control top pantyhose

Or...

Do what I'd do- return the pants! :)

trumansmom
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm a huge fan of Spanx. www.spanx.com

They are pretty comfortable.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

MelissaTC
01-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Another vote for Spanx! They are a godsend. Really.

DebbieJ
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Oprah wears Spanx.

And on her show recently, she had a rerun with the British "What Not to Wear" women. They basially said you must wear some sort of "girle" or body smoothing undergarments to minimize the bulges and give you a smooth look.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

calebsmama03
01-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Yup - Spanx. They are actually comfy too!
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

WitMom
01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL JTsMom- Return the pants. I haven't ruled that out, but it is so hard for me to find pants that fit (it took me months to find these), that I hate to go that route if the problem can be "fixed".

I think I will check out the Spanx. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Crossing my fingers that they are magic!

Puddy73
01-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Another Spanx fan here! They are wonderful for holding in the post-baby pooch.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." - Woodrow Wilson

WitMom
01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Okay, one more question. I just looked at the Spanx website, and now I'm overwhelmed. What products has everyone tried and liked?

ctc221
01-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I have the reversible tights (black/gray); just like regular tights but with a little extra oomph for control. I also love my brallelujah! Search the Bargains board for some coupon codes (25% off and free shipping). HTH!

AC

DD 02/02
DS 11/04

WitMom
01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Thank you SOOOO much for that information. I never thought to check for a code on the bargain board. I'm off to order.

I really appreciate all of the help everyone!!!