PDA

View Full Version : Online resources for house remodeling?

Elena
01-28-2006, 10:26 PM
We are finishing the basement and I am looking for the websites with good info about things like what bathroom fixtures to buy, what kind of flooring to put, etc. Basically, like this board but about house remodeling (if it's even possible to compare :-))

Any good websites?

Thanks

american_mama
01-28-2006, 11:20 PM
www.thathomesite.com has been recommended by a few others on this board. We are also finishing our basement (two weeks into the project.. it's very exciting) and got a lot of ideas from books at the library (Better Homes and Gardens, Sunset Books, books like they sell at Lowe's, etc.)

brittone2
01-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Seconding www.thathomesite.com. They have remodeling forums, lots of info on lighting fixtures, bathroom fixtures, you name it.

lmintzer
01-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Yep, like that site too. I started lurking over there a few weeks ago and just started feeling brave enough to post a little. I had been asking my deocrating questions here and was afraid that I had too many to post. Didn't want to offend anyone being so OT.

alexsmommy
01-29-2006, 05:36 PM
You're braver than me - I just lurk like CRAZY.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

lmintzer
01-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Aw, what the heck, Alaina. Try it! I'm much more thick-skinned about stuff like this than about many other things.