PDA

View Full Version : birth control pill - stupid question

jhaud
01-29-2006, 05:49 PM
i am on the pill for the first time... should i get my period as soon as i start on the dummy pills?

TMI alert - i was put on the pill for just 2-3 months after a miscarriage in july and then a month of bleeding from nov-dec... ob/gyn removed some tissue from cervix that was determined to be tissue from implantation (in july)... anyways, i took 4 weeks of the regular pill (was traveling and decided to take advantage of that pill advantage) and started the dummy pills friday. i know they are a "normal" dosage level pill, not a low-dose.

i think i'll be taking a pt tomorrow morning, but wanted to know if my expectation of period within a day or two was on target.

thanks for any info

buddyleebaby
01-29-2006, 06:06 PM
When I was on ortho tri-cyclen, it took a couple of months before my period adjusted.
HTH!

bcky2
01-29-2006, 06:42 PM
when i was on the pill i got my period the first day of dummy pills at the same time. it always started right around noon, sometimes 12:30. it never failed. someone else i knew on the pill got it on the 3rd day of dummy pills. i think that it varries for everyone :)

kimbe
01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
When I took Ortho-tri-cyc. I got mine the third day of the dummy pills usually before 10am. (Actually, I didn't take the dummy pills at all.) Oh it was so nice knowing exactly when to expect AF!

kdeunc
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Before my second son I always started on the Monday of the dummy pills. After this pregnancy I am always starting on the Wednesday. It was so different for me I took a couple of pregnancy tests just to make sure. I think it can be drastically different even in the same person and the same pill (ortho-cyclen).

kransden
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I start on Sunday with the dummy pills and get my period on Tuesday. It did take me a couple of months to adjust, but it is like clockwork now.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02