PDA

View Full Version : Would you get breast reconstruction or implants after pg and nursing was over - if you could afford it?

JulieL
01-30-2006, 12:00 PM
So many people have judgements on this subject. I would love to have a lift with my own breast material - if it's possible. My breasts not nursing look way beat up LOL. Not sure I would do it, but it's crossed my mind! Just wonder given the privacy of a poll what thought was more popular.

psophia17
01-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Speaking as G/H while BF, and a DDD while not BF, I long for the day that I can get myself some perky Cs.

I'm aiming for 2012, and I'm already playing the back problems card, so that insurance will cover it :)

redhookmom
01-30-2006, 12:34 PM
If it was free and a gaurentee that it was 100% safe I would be the first one in line!

smilequeen
01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Absolutely a reduction and lift when done with babies. DDD is just no fun. But this also comes from someone who does get some back issues from the combo of DDDs and my job.

trumansmom
01-30-2006, 01:16 PM
YES!!!

The minute DD gets through with these babies, they are outta here!! Well, not ALL, but I do hope to go from an H to a C or small D.

I used to think all plastic surgery was vain and silly. Of course, I was young, thin and had perky boobs at the time. :P I'm over that nonsense and firmly believe if it makes you happy, why not?

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

aliceinwonderland
01-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Because I was not well-endowed to start with, and because I only got to nurse one baby, there is not too much damage here. The only fix would be to make them bigger, but I do not desire that(I think smaller is better, in this case ;), and never had a problem with the size, so they're staying as they are, unless gravity takes a toll.

But I have zero hang-ups about plastic surgery, I may yet get my nose done next summer(have not decided yet), and I am certain I will do something about those wrinkles once I get a critical mass of them :)

So, no judgment here :)

mudder17
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, in my case, it's a never but I also started fairly small and so haven't had medical issues with being too big or anything like that. As Eri said, the only thing I might do would be to make them bigger, but I don't think that would be a good thing. So my personal answer is never. However, I have a lot of friends who are in the G, H, .... stage and they've definitely had back problems with it!!! I definitely think in their case, invasive for no reason is not the right answer. I think some of them have even said they'd be happy if they could get down to a D, so they're definitely carrying some major weight there! So even if plastic surgery is not for me, I do think it works for some people.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

mudder17
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, in my case, it's a never but I also started fairly small and so haven't had medical issues with being too big or anything like that. As Eri said, the only thing I might do would be to make them bigger, but I don't think that would be a good thing. So my personal answer is never. However, I have a lot of friends who are in the G, H, .... stage and they've definitely had back problems with it!!! I definitely think in their case, invasive for no reason is not the right answer. I think some of them have even said they'd be happy if they could get down to a D, so they're definitely carrying some major weight there! So even if plastic surgery is not for me, I do think it works for some people.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

TraciG
01-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I seem to be the minority here, I already have breast implants, I was able to even nurse with them, I often wish now though that I didn't have them & wonder if I would have had more success breastfeeding without them, I'll never know . One day I think i'd like to make them smaller, I went too big, never thought i'd want my old tiny boobs back sometimes !!!!!!!!!!

TraciG
I seem to be the minority here, I already have breast implants, I was able to even nurse with them, I often wish now though that I didn't have them & wonder if I would have had more success breastfeeding without them, I'll never know . One day I think i'd like to make them smaller, I went too big, never thought i'd want my old tiny boobs back sometimes !!!!!!!!!!

TraciG

TraciG

kboyle
01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Pre-babes they were tiny, now after nursing 2 little guzzlers they are pretty non-existent. I have no big hang-ups with plastic surgery, so I would do it if I felt the need to make them a tad bigger. DH could care less, but I wouldn't mind a nice body treat for carrying and feeding my babes! Honestly, I know a fair amt of people who have had augmentations and they all love them and have had no problem. Actually my SIL has a pair and she's gotten them "maintained" (code for: gotten them bigger) once or twice.

kboyle
01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Pre-babes they were tiny, now after nursing 2 little guzzlers they are pretty non-existent. I have no big hang-ups with plastic surgery, so I would do it if I felt the need to make them a tad bigger. DH could care less, but I wouldn't mind a nice body treat for carrying and feeding my babes! Honestly, I know a fair amt of people who have had augmentations and they all love them and have had no problem. Actually my SIL has a pair and she's gotten them "maintained" (code for: gotten them bigger) once or twice.

TaChapm
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I had a reduction when I was 19. I was a size 0-3 waist and a 32 F. I was "blessed" with them at 13 and always had a complex about them. My sister is large busted as well but is much larger that I was. My mom on the other hand was a 34 A. Don't ask me where they came from. :) It was hard to do anything! Not to mention the looks. I was a waitress and although I made awesome tips they got in the way. I was so happy to see them go. I saved up and gave them to myself as a pre wedding gift. I don't regret it at all! I was still very perky at 19 so I wasn't wanting a lift I just wanted to be normal. I am now a DD after 2 kids.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05
OMG!!! Baby #3 Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/kLMem8.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

TaChapm
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I had a reduction when I was 19. I was a size 0-3 waist and a 32 F. I was "blessed" with them at 13 and always had a complex about them. My sister is large busted as well but is much larger that I was. My mom on the other hand was a 34 A. Don't ask me where they came from. :) It was hard to do anything! Not to mention the looks. I was a waitress and although I made awesome tips they got in the way. I was so happy to see them go. I saved up and gave them to myself as a pre wedding gift. I don't regret it at all! I was still very perky at 19 so I wasn't wanting a lift I just wanted to be normal. I am now a DD after 2 kids.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05
OMG!!! Baby #3 Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/kLMem8.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

jerseygirl07067
01-30-2006, 04:07 PM
If you could just inject your own fat from the butt/hips/thighs/abs/wherever, I might be up for it! :) As for a lift, I should never say never, since I still don't know what my boobs are going to look like after all this. I've been either pregnant or nursing or pregnant while nursing for 3 years straight now. It might be scary looking when it's all over with. I must say implants freak me out though. I don't think I'd want a foreign object in there, not to mention the invasiveness of it all. But my friend who was an A before nursing, and what seemed like an A- after nursing, got implants and they look fab. I believe she got them under the pec muscle so she can nurse again hopefully, since the upper breast area was left intact.

I was a small B before this all started, and honestly, I often look at myself in the mirror first thing in the morning when I'm full, and love the way I look with those bigger boobs!

So who knows, a lift could be in my future, but I don't see DH ever going for it. He's the au naturel type, we're on a tight budget. He even thinks makeup and highlights are stupid. However, it's not like he wouldn't benefit right?

Marcy

Twins2000
01-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I would love to have a lift after DD is done with breastfeeding. However, I've heard that often times implants are still necessary since the tissue in the cleavage area is all stretched out too. I have a friend who wanted only a lift, but ended up going for the implants as well and is now the same size she was before becoming pregnant - she looks (perky) great!

I definitely would get "a job" if I had the money!

Dee150
01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
:-)

ellies mom
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't get implants because I was on the larger size to begin with. But I could see lifting them. Perky and smaller. Sounds kind of nice. Being able to wear clothing that has a shelf bra without looking like I have a "four pack" would be such a nice change. I'm not saying I'll get the lift but I do think about it.

Lynnie
01-30-2006, 08:45 PM
and when I get the courage (maybe next year) I'll let you all know how it is.

I would love to get just a lift, but since nursing the two guys, my nice Bs have become smaller, thinner, and saggier - all around deflated (sounds lovely, doesn't it ??) and a friend at work who had a reduction said she doesn't think I am big enough to get a lift without a tiny "bump" to go along with it. So, if I do it, I'll probably have to get a little something added underneath the chest muscles I guess. I don't want to be huge, I just would love to have my B's back ! I used to go topless sunbathing in france, and, now -not that I'll ever have the opportunity to go back and do that - if I did, I wouldn't be caught dead topless. yuck. A friend went from concave to a C+++, and that would be too much for me. But if I continue to get the rest of me in shape, it would be nice to have some cleavage to go along with it all. As it is, I live in miracle bra type things now. sigh. At least I live in one of the cosmetic surgery capitals of the world ! I can see it now, next BBB retreat, going to the surgery center in LA/NY/south beach for lifts together.

spanannie
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
I most definitely plan to get mine fixed after I am finished having kids/breastfeeding! I don't know if I need a lift, implants, or both, but whatever needs to be done, I will do it. I'm not so concerned about size, but want perkiness. I have been every size from D-F while nursing both kids...I am now at that stage where I'm a 34D and they are looking pretty pathetic. Small and droopy, lol.

jamsmu
01-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Planning on it--when I'm completely finished having kids.

m448
01-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I used to say that when I turn 50 I'd donate my boobs to science and shave my head clean. Two things less to worry about in my "me" years LOL. However, since I still have to consider that hubby likes the girls so much I'm definitely considering a lift.

hez
01-30-2006, 11:39 PM
I never ever thought I'd consider an augmentation. But after having C's for almost 2 years while BF'ing, my barely A's look so sad (and saggy!). If I'd never had the C's I wouldn't miss them!

Maybe when we're done having (and BF'ing) children? I don't know. In the meantime I guess I'll just wear padded bras that give the illusion that I have at least A's ;) I do enjoy not needing a bra when I get home and put on my comfy clothes, though!

AdoptChina
01-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't do implants...would consider a lift maybe...but what I really want is a tummy tuck! Being pretty small when I got pregnant with my first and then having three 9 lb babies (and pregnant now) sure does a number on your belly lol. I even had 2 doctors tell me it would never go back to normal

Melanie
01-31-2006, 01:11 AM
I can only dream! No implants though, I'm not big on foreign material being left inside me.

kijip
01-31-2006, 01:57 AM
I would totally consider it. I know that I am going to end up with a tummy tuck if I can't run/exercise off this RIDICULOUS BELLY once I know I won't want more babies. I would rather be more pudgy all around than have this belly attached to fitter legs and arms.

Marisa6826
01-31-2006, 02:00 AM
You're missing a category.

I am SOOOO going to have a reduction as soon as I can!!

No more National Geographic boobs for me ;)

-m

KBecks
01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Even if I could afford it, and technically I can, spending money on cosmetic surgery seems not in line with our priorities.

Although I would enjoy having bigger boobs!

boogiemom
01-31-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL! That's me, unfortunately. And I'm fighting to get it paid for by my insurance company right now! Hopefully will have it done by the end of the year....YAY!!!

Momof3Labs
01-31-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd do the tummy long before the boobs, too!

kdeunc
01-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Can I vote for a tummy tuck and the boobs?? The formerly perky DDs are not quite as attractive when they begin to meet the tummy! :)