PDA

View Full Version : today sponge

emilyf
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
I was all set to get an iud, but just found out that I am not a candidate (bicornate (heart-shaped) uterus). So, I'm really reluctant to go back on bcps at least as long as I'm nursing, so am trying to find other options. Condoms are pretty out, as dh hates them. So that leaves the sponge or a diaphraghm-at least that's all I can think of. I know the sponge is now available again in the us-anyone using it? Any other suggestions that I haven't thought of?
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

emilyf
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
I was all set to get an iud, but just found out that I am not a candidate (bicornate (heart-shaped) uterus). So, I'm really reluctant to go back on bcps at least as long as I'm nursing, so am trying to find other options. Condoms are pretty out, as dh hates them. So that leaves the sponge or a diaphraghm-at least that's all I can think of. I know the sponge is now available again in the us-anyone using it? Any other suggestions that I haven't thought of?
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

jerseygirl07067
01-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I did use the sponge, pre-DH, when I was in grad school dating my college boyfriend.

I then turned into Elaine on Seinfeld, once it was taken off the market. I was in Philly at the time and searched high and low at every drugstore I could find. Thought it was the best thing thing sliced bread.

I was excited when I heard it was back on the market, but haven't used it yet. If your DH hates em, check them out. I can't remember what the failure rate is though. I think it might be higher than the diaphragm since it's not fitted to you, but I'm not sure.

Now you got me thinking I might need to go buy me some! :)

Marcy