PDA

View Full Version : Pocono's Recommendations?

Jen841
01-31-2006, 08:26 AM
I saw something on Great Wolf Lodge? Thinking of a Presidents Day get-a-way with a 2.5 year old and 5 month old. DH would love to ski, but I think Jude is too young.

overcome
01-31-2006, 09:55 AM
I live 5 min from Great Wolf in the Poconos! It is an amazing place. It is totally geared toward families. They have a huge indoor waterpark and the rooms are kid friendly. You should check out their web site (do a google search).

My DH works at Camelback Ski Area which is 5 min away from Great Wolf. They offer lessons starting at three years of age, but if your husband buys a lift ticket for himself, he can get one free for your DD. He could take her out himself, but then he wouldn't have any ski time to himself! Camelback also has tons of info online http://www.skicamelback.com

Let me know if you want to know any other info about the Poconos!! I am a lifelong resident.

Ashley

jacobmatias
01-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Ashley:
I hope you do not mind if I take you up on your offer to get info about Poconos. Several times a year we take a trip from Ohio to CT on Rt 80. Do you know of any other ski resorts north of Camelback and close to Rt. 80 so we could stop for a little vacation somewhere mid point between Oh and Ct?
Thank you.

overcome
02-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Hmmmm...sorry...I am only familiar w/Camelback since it is in my hometown of Tannersville. I can give you some names of ski resorts but you'd have to look online to see if they are on your route. I *think* Camelback is the largest.

Big Boulder/Jack Frost
Elk Mountain
Blue Mountain
Montage Mountain

HTH

Ashley

cmdunn1972
02-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Is there a Caesar's ski resort in Mt. Pocono (off of I-380 just north of I-80)? I live just 30 minutes south of Tannersville, but I don't ski. (Also, the Caesar's resorts are incredibly expensive, and most of them are more couples-oriented.) Camelback is probably the best ski resort in the area.

Also, any mention of the Poconos should include a plug for the Stone's Crossing outlet mall. :) There's an Osh-Kosh, a Carter's, TCP, and a Baby Gap in that mall.

(Edited to Clarify)

overcome
02-01-2006, 10:46 AM
There are a couple Caesar's resorts but they don't really have a ski area...maybe just a slope or two.

You are so right about The Crossings Outlets. In addition to the stores you mentioned, they also have Little Me, Hartstrings, and a Burberry store that carries children's clothes.

Ashley

jvorhis
02-01-2006, 01:34 PM
We took DD to Great Wolf in November right after it first opened. She loved it (she is 2) and we all had a great time. The food at the resort is not that good and expensive, I would recommend going down the street to Friendlys :-) Don't know much about sking because we don't ski but the outlets are right there. The only problem we had was getting her to settle down and go to sleep, it was loud. People let their kids play and run up and down the halls until 11:30 at night. I would recommend getting a room on the 1st floor, it was nice being on the same level as the water park.