PDA

View Full Version : Just received *the* call from daycare -

elliput
02-01-2006, 10:09 AM
DD is fine, however, Monday she starts the transition from her infant room to a toddler room! Apparently she is ready, but I know I am not- I was thinking she would be infants for another 2 months or so. I just need a bit of commiseration, and some BTDT advice.

This seems like such a big step!

trumansmom
02-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Trust me, it's only going to be hard on you! She is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hanging out with the "big kids"!

When DD made the switch (My kids have been in daycare off and on. Sometimes one day a week, sometimes more -- depending on whether or not I'm working on a project.), she started loving going to daycare. The projects and activities are so much fun for her, and she gets so excited about showing off her new skills.

You'll be okay, and she is going to have a blast!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

kaylinsmommy2
02-01-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree with Jeanne, your DD will love it! Kaylin loves the projects that they do and the new toys. :) They play outside more and do more music and dancing - it really is more like my idea of a preschool than the infant room and is a lot more fun (for me anyway). Plus she brings home art projects and crafts for me to put on my fridge!

When they told me DD was moving up, I was worried (I liked her teacher in the infant room - she was in a "walkers" class/section) and the director let me take DD for a visit to the toddler room. We hung out together for an hour and I was able to see how "big" the toddlers were in comparison to DD and meet the teachers and see how they ran the class. That helped me realize that DD was ready for the next class, and see how much more fun it would be. But, some kids really aren't ready and sometimes stay back for an extra couple of months. This allows you to see what you think will be best.

It did take a couple of days to transition to the new class. The first day she was dropped off in the new room she looked at me as though I was crazy. :) But her teacher said she did fine and only cried when she saw her infant room teacher (and missed her).

Congratulations on being the mommy to a big girl! :)

Edited: I wrote Marisa instead of Jeanne as the PP. Doh!

Caroline
"ma meee" to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://b2.lilypie.com/9KMlm7/.png[/img][/url]