PDA

View Full Version : How can I get out of airline tickets without a $100 fee?

Jen841
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
DH and I were to fly to a wedding this weekend with Evan (no ticket). DH had pink eye last week, Evan got it yesterday and Jude just threw up at daycare. The inlaws just got well from a round of cold/flu and have weak immune systems already so I can't ask them to care for Jude. Maybe I'll send DH himself to the wedding?

What a week!?!?!?!

Momof3Labs
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Depending on the airline, they may change the flights for you without a fee if you provide a dr's note for the sick kids. Not sure if that will work though, especially since Jude wasn't going and Evan doesn't have a ticket.

Jen841
02-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I figured out what to do.... CRY. It was not on purpose. I needed to speak to the Manager's Manager, but it happened. The first person basically told me no can do. The person who I ended up with (they initated the transfer) was so nice and did not even require a note. We have full credit of the tickets to use. If I don't use it in the next 3 months I'll need to remember the confirmation number.

Hopefully the Bride and Groom will get out of problems too. We felt so bad calling them. We held out hoping and praying things would get better, but last night was worse.

I wanted to go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad, but my little bugger is sick. No label on things other than oxygen deprived (neb every 4 hours) and double ear infection. I am angry I waited until today, but he was checked on Tuesday when this started to come on (like a freight train.)