PDA

View Full Version : Cdlamis, ? for you (OT and random)

buddyleebaby
02-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Did blockbuster ever give you your movie back (or a refund)?
They're opening a new store by me and I remembered the thread... ; )

cdlamis
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM
How funny that you remembered!

I went into the store and paid my "late fees" which was around $30 or so which is their policy for any movie returned after 30 days. After 30 days, you can't return the movie and are technically buying the movie. Fine, I paid it but I had already returned the movies the week before and asked to take them home. They claimed that one of the movies (that I already puchased!) was not there which meant to me that it was out as a rental! I refused to buy a movie that was being rented out to someone else. I said that they could either refund my money or provide the movie. So.... I got a refund for one of the movies and had to "buy" the other which I got to take home.

I was kind of b*tchy to the poor high school kid behind the counter. I felt bad.

So, basically they did not refund my money and did stand behind their policy of not accepting movies after the 30 day period.

We have not been back since (which I told them) and I now have to go into the grocery store for movies since there is no other video rental around our house. :(

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

buddyleebaby
02-07-2006, 12:33 PM
My dh thinks I'm a nut for asking but I wanted to know as I hate blockbuster and was using your situation as part of the reason we should not start going back again.
At least you got a partial "refund".
We get all our movies at the local library. They have a good selection, it might be worth cheeking out.
Have a great day! : )