PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Hosting a Baby Shower

MegND95
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Early in March, my college friends and I are gathering at my house to throw a group baby shower for three of our crowd. One just had her first baby, one is pg with her first, and the other is pg with her third. I would love some input on how to make this shower really special.

Any tips on decorations or food?
We are not really into any games, but is there some activity that we can share or do together?
What was memorable or unique about showers you've been given or attended?

Thanks so much! These women have helped me celebrate my three babies over the last several years, so I look forward to giving them a really great party.

bunnisa
02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
The only game I really like is a trivia game -- basically, you just write up a list of trivia questions about the parents-to-be and baby-to-be.

It's great because it helps everyone get to know the parents, and can be fun if you dig out some quirky facts!

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

dkmom
02-07-2006, 02:33 PM
My friend just threw me a baby shower this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. Since we had ~30 people we didn't want to play games since it would be too difficult.

Instead she came up with the theme "Pamper Yourself". She had a chair massagist and a manicurist come in for two hours. She also had stations set up so people could give themselves a mini-pedi and use the foot massager. Everyone loved it, because the last thing moms have time for is pampering themselves. In my case most of the guests were moms. We also had a station set up where the guests could write advice on sheets of paper which they could decorate and then place into a book with plastic sleeves. I believe the supplies were from Michael's Craft Store.

As for food we just did snack items since the party was in the afternoon.
food: hummus & pita bread, spinach dip, veggie platter, fruit bowl, bruschetta, brownies, cookies, pasta salad, tea sandwiches
drinks: wine, soda, juice

Party Favor: Mini-Manicure Kit (nail file, small scissors, nail clippers)

Hope this helps!
-Darshana

jvorhis
02-07-2006, 03:07 PM
OMG I wish I could have been invited to your shower :-)

I am in the process of planning my sisters' baby shower (which is sort of turning into a disaster thanks to her MIL }( ) Anyways, the only game I was going to play was the toilet paper game. Everyone rips off the amount of TP according to how big they think your belly is. Someone takes all the TP and measures your belly and whoever has the right about of TP wins. We did this at my shower and it got some good laughs.