PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to Caesars Resorts in the Poconos?

jvorhis
02-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I am slow at work and was checking these out. Everyone ever stay at one? I am looking for someplace for DH and I to get away for a few days.

o_mom
02-07-2006, 05:00 PM
We were there for our honeymoon - many, many moons ago... :-)

We did like it - the room was nice, although a bit dated - they said it was due for renovations the next winter. Totally loved the in-room pool, worth every penny. The food was good, though not spectacular. There was plenty to do - though some of the listed activities were pretty cheesy (archery?) We weren't into alot of the group activities either -it was our honeymoon, after all. For a long weekend you could easily keep busy at the resort. For a week long stay there are many things in the area to see and do when you get bored.

jk3
02-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Yes and it was horrendous. We went on a whim sort of as a joke and it was a nightmare. The accomodations are beyond dated and extremely creepy. If you want something luxurious in any stretch of the imagination, this is not the locale. =0 Dining is also communal.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

jvorhis
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the advice. Actually the more research I did on it the worse it sounded. My parents cabin up there (with no running water) is probably just as nice and a lot cheaper!

LD92599
02-07-2006, 09:42 PM
We stayed at Cove Haven a few years ago and didn't think it was too bad. There's also the new Great Wolf lodge - check that out! But it's geared towards families, not couples. There's a few recent posts for it.

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

MayB
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I lived in that region for a few years and wouldn't recommend it for a vacation. The properties are run down and the area not that bucolic anymore. There is one incredible resort, Skytop Lodge. It's ridiculously expensive but beautiful. You can check it out at www.skytop.com.

MayB
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I lived in that region for a few years and wouldn't recommend it for a vacation. The properties are run down and the area not that bucolic anymore. There is one incredible resort, Skytop Lodge. It's ridiculously expensive but beautiful. You can check it out at www.skytop.com.

jvorhis
02-08-2006, 08:45 AM
We took Emma to Great Wolf in November - it was awesome.