PDA

View Full Version : Help!! did laundry with red lipstick!!

jamsmu
02-08-2006, 08:13 AM
And its now spotting DH's jeans, among other things. x( Any suggestions for removing???

bcky2
02-08-2006, 08:40 AM
i have never tried this but everyone i know raves about the power of oxy clean, just not the generic. make a paste with it and work it into the spot and then also soaking it in a "bath" of water and oxy clean. my friend swears by the stuff :)

JTsMom
02-08-2006, 10:46 AM
www.tide.com Use their stain detective.

Good luck!

jamsmu
02-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll try that one... off to Walmart (ugh!) Thanks Becky

jamsmu
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'd never heard of the stain detective before. Unfortunately, in this case, the detective failed to fully investigate the problem. (ie didn't have a solution.)

Good to know about for the future, though.

shilo
02-08-2006, 11:43 PM
have you tried Zout?? i have really good luck with that and/or just making a paste out of regular powdered detergent and Zout. i have yet to find a stain that this combo hasn't gotten out, come to think of it. patience and repetition are key with it tho. i usually start with just the Zout, saturate the spot, let it sit, saturate again, let it sit, rinse or wash and if that hasn't done it, then i switch to the Zout/powder combo paste and do the same. i just keep repeating until it comes out. i like the stuff so much i keep it upstairs in the bathroom to get spots before they go in the hamper, that way they don't get missed on the way into the washer.

hth,
lori

linsei
02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Hopefully your problem is solved by now, but just in case...

I noticed that Goo Gone claims to remove makeup from laundry. I haven't tested that claim, though.

Linda

http://b2.lilypie.com/xz6em5/.png[/img][/url]

tarabenet
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
As always, I pulled out "Talking Dirty LAoundry with the Queen of Clean". I don't wear lipstick, but she says use SpotShot to remove it from laundry. I do have good luck with that stuff on a lot of different stains.

The other one she recommends, that I have used on a lot of oily-type stains (but she says is also good for crayon, lipstick, chapstick) is first spray on WD-40 and wait 10 minutes. Then work in undiluted liquid dishwashing soap (not the machine kind) and launder a s usual. I've used this on a lot of different oil marks, including some that had been through several washings already. For the worst ones, I've had to do it 3 times. But that beats throwing out a favorite pair of jeans!

One last tip she recommends is working Go-Jo Waterless hand leaner in and then luandering. Haven't tried that yet.

None of these are good on silk.

\Good luck!

american_mama
02-09-2006, 09:55 PM
In the laundry aisle, look for these little bottles of specialized stain removers by a company called either Carbonara or Dr. Hermann. They shaped kind of like a lopsided triangle, very narrow, and about the size of your palm. They should have one for makeup and/or lipstick and/or grease. I have found the work really well.

If the color ran and is the problem, you can try the Carbonara Color Run Remover which will be located right by all the others. It worked very well for me twice, when a red nylon bag ran on cloth diapers and worked ok when a dark green blanket ran on yellow towels. It removed the green from the yellow towels, but also lightened them a few shades from their original color.