PDA

View Full Version : Converting crib with lower drawer to toddler bed- HELP!!

jennifer13
02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
My brain must be more fried than I thought. Do I just put the mattress on the lowest level and take off the side, leaving the drawer where it is? It seems so high! I guess I thought somehow the drawer came out and the mattress lowered even more. And I just found out that they don't make crib rails for this set-up, they're for twin beds with box springs. Any suggestions on how to keep her from falling out? Advice please! Thanks so much!

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

pl71
02-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Depending on the brand of crib that you have, you may be able to buy a rail. Here's the one for Pali:
http://www.cloud9web.com/straightrail.htm

Since I needed my crib for DS # 2, I just moved DS to a twin mattress on the floor. That worked great. He's never rolled off, but if he did it's only about 6 inches.

amp
02-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes, our drawer just stayed there. DS did fall out a few times, but it was such a short fall he'd just climb back into bed after crying out and go right back to sleep. Seriously, it was no big deal!

Momof3Labs
02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
I agree with just putting the mattress on the floor - or putting a twin mattress on the floor. That's what we did, and I slept better not worrying about DS falling out of bed in his early big-boy bed days!

annex
02-09-2006, 11:53 AM
We have hardwood floors, so didn't want DD to roll out either. Since we couldn't find any rails, I just bought one of those daycare nap mats and lay it next to the bed. I'm glad I did. Not only do I hear her fall onto it several times a week (and we've had it for a year!), but it's a place for her to sleep when we travel, and when she gets fussy about sleeping in her bed she will sleep on the mat.

Anne