PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Up at 6 Months?

Raidra
02-09-2006, 10:23 AM
So Lachlann has recently gotten quite good at sitting up. I pulled out the Mega Bloks Discovery Park that he got for Xmas, thinking that he could sit next to the edges and do some of the activities. Well, imagine my surprise when he pulled himself to a standing position on the first try! Now, he has no concept of moving his feet to keep himself steady, but he can hold himself in a standing position pretty well. He was even bouncing up and down a lot, keeping pretty good balance. I had it positioned as a square, and he tried moving from one side to the next, with some success (I had to help reposition his feet). Now, I know he's not a month away from walking or anything.. but are there other babies that pull up at 6 months? I know Colwyn sure didn't.

Lachlann has no interest in getting up on all fours.. if I put his knees under him, he'll hold himself up for a few minutes but that's it. At his age, Colwyn was up on all fours and rocking back and forth. So, maybe Lachlann will skip crawling. :) I know it's too early to tell and all, but it's fun to speculate.

Also, does anyone know if you can set the Mega Bloks Discovery Park so the sides lock and won't move?

Thanks!

holliam
02-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Way to go, big guy!! :)

Mari came home at 7 months and though not pulling to stand preferred to stand more than anything else. She was soon cruising around furniture like crazy. We too thought she would skip crawling. But, she ended up starting it at 10 months and then started fully walking at 13.5 months.

Holli

elliput
02-09-2006, 10:37 AM
My niece was pulling up to standing at 6 months and was walking unassisted at 9.5 months. DD pulled herself to standing at 7 months. Your DS is just a bit ahead of the curve I think.

asha
02-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Akshay did not rollover till five and half months. But after that it was really fast. He was standing up when he 7 months, walking around 10 months and running when he turned one.

So, you will have to get more active along with him. No more letting the baby play and sit down for a few moments. Good luck!!

jennifer_r
02-09-2006, 10:43 AM
My son started pulling himself up at 5.5 months and walking by 9 months. He also showed no interest in crawling and skipped that stage entirely.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

Momof3Labs
02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
DS was mobile at 5.5 months (rolling and army crawling), pulling up and kneeling at 6 months, cruising proficiently at 6.5 months, took his first steps shortly after 9 months, and was full-blown walking at about 10.5 months.

It definitely means that it is time to accelerate the baby-proofing process!!

Eloise36
02-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Sounds like your little guy is ready to get going! Way to go!

My son pulled himself up on the same day he crawled forward for the first time at 6 months. He too skipped crawling as he was cruising at 7 1/2 months and walking at 9 1/2 months.

californiagirl
02-09-2006, 11:43 AM
DD pulled up first (at about 5 months) then sat; at 6 months she was cruising just fine, but only crawling hesitantly and backwards. She didn't crawl well until 7 months. And she didn't walk until 11.5 months!

babystuffbuff
02-09-2006, 12:09 PM
My niece pulled herself up in her crib and was standing at the rail, grinning away, when her parents went in to get her on Christmas morning. She was 6 months old. :)

Now, at 8 months, she will pull herself up on anything and everything, walk along the furniture, etc. She army-crawls on her stomach, but is now occasionally trying to move on all fours. She does prefer the army-crawl, though - it's much faster. :)

I didn't walk until 15 months, and my siblings were all well over a year before their first steps, so it astounds me to see my nieces and nephews mobile so early. My youngest nephew was walking (running!) at nine months!!!

Sarah

Auntie to my seven angels

KrisM
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
DS was backwards boy. Sat unassisted at 4 months, pulled up a week after 6 months, cruised about 2 weeks later, rolled at 9 months, walked at 9.5 months, crawled at 10.5 months, finally learned to stand in the middle of the floor at 14.5 months! Standing was the hardest :).