PDA

View Full Version : BBB Recent Brain Child Magazine Co-op

The Review Mommy
02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Have any of you received your first magazines yet? I haven’t, but I did receive a notice for subscription renewal. Huh? I tried to call them but they aren’t answering their phones and can only leave a message. In the recording there is a lady indicating this very matter.

Anyone else having problems? I wonder what happened, or is happening.

Rebekah

cleo27
02-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Rebekah,

I got the same notice. I just assumed it was a glitch since it says if you have paid to ignore the letter. I would think it means they are processing the subscription. I was originally told to expect the first issue in mid-February.

MarisaSF
02-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I got the same letter. Mine said, "Hurry, your subscription is due to expire in February 2007!"

See, to me, that is not a rush. :P I think they must treat it like a "pledge" -- they wanna know how many people are going to subscribe next year. If I knew where I'd be living next year, I'd do it.

The Review Mommy
02-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Cleo,

Ok, thanks. I was wondering when to expect my first issue-I just cannot wait! :D

Rebekah

The Review Mommy
02-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Marisa,

They said it was done in error. ;)

I assume because they are not receiving any calls at this time they are "preoccupied" with fixing this?

Rebekah

daniele_ut
02-10-2006, 04:16 PM
I didn't take part in this co-op, but the last 2 magazines I subscribed to both sent renewal notices before I even received the first issue. I think it's just an irritating new marketing ploy, not an error.

The Review Mommy
02-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Hmm-interesting...

aa2mama
02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Did anyone else's letter say it was expiring in Fall 2006? That part had me scratching my head.

The Review Mommy
02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Yes, that's what mine said too.

cmdunn1972
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I just received my magazine yesterday and got my renewal notice today. Ironically, it started out by saying, "We don't like to waste trees by sending out a gazillion renewal notices..." :P C'mon! I signed up for a two-year subscription from the start, so mine doesn't expire until Fall, '07. *confused*

ett
02-11-2006, 12:20 AM
I got my first magazine today and a renewal letter saying that my subscription was expiring in Fall 2006. That does make sense, since it comes out 4 times a year, and I just got the winter issue. So my 4 issues would be winter 2006, spring 2006, summer 2006, and fall 2006.

kijip
02-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Sounds like they might have had a query problem with their mailing list. Bet the data manager at their mailing house (or in house?) is kicking herself!

AmyZ
02-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes, I spoke to them and the wrong group got notices!!

I got my magazine yesterday and I can't wait to find time to read it!!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

kaylinsmommy2
02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I got an email this morning from Suzanne, the person I was working with at the magazine. Sounds like everyone expecting their Winter magazine should be getting it very very soon (if not already). :)

Caroline,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, our mailing house recently sent renewal letters to the wrong list of people (which included several of the Baby Bargain group members). However, everyone's first issue Winter 06, was sent in a mailing around the same time. Therefore, they should be arriving in the next 1-2 weeks. (We have begun some subscribers with the Spring 06 issue, which will arrive around mid-March, but they were informed at the time of their purchase.)

Brain, Child normally sends out three renewal letters to subscribers in the months preceding and during their last issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this renegade renewal mailing may have caused your group members.

Brain, Child is published quarterly so each subscriber will receive four issues: for example, Winter 06, Spring 06, Summer 06 and Fall 06.

We hope everyone enjoys their subscriptions to Brain, Child! Again, we apologize for the error that occurred at our mailing house. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

We thank all of you for your patience!

Sincerely,
Suzanne Miller
Circulation Staff

Brain, Child: The Magazine for Thinking Mothers
P.O. Box 714
Lexington, VA 24450
540/463-4817
888/30-4MOMS
928/441-4827 (fax)

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04