PDA

View Full Version : So UPSET , this would ONLY HAPPEN TO ME

TraciG
02-11-2006, 08:26 AM
well we're supposed to leave for the Bahamas tomorrow morning, well it barely snowed here all winter, startiing tonight there is going to be major snow, continuing through the night, so I'm sure the flight's we'll be delayed which means we miss most of our first day.

Next problem, it is ONLY in the 60's there, so does that mean we can't even go swimming, the MAIN part of the trip & now I have to add warmer clothes to the suitcase, UGH vacation is not starting out good at all !

mamaturk
02-11-2006, 08:45 AM
We're in the same boat here! No snow all Winter long and now the weekend we are leaving for vacation, we get pounded with it!!! Good luck and safe travels!!

kozachka
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I came back from Bahamas exactly a week ago and it was pretty chilly, i.e. in the 60s, when we landed there. Everybody was visibly upset but luckily the weather improved dramatically after the first couple days and we had plenty of time to swim, sail and snorkel. Hopefully you'll have the same experience. Next time, I'll book something further South even if it means a longer flight. For me personally, it always takes couple days to relax and get to know the resort and people there so that's what we did. Not sure where in Bahamas you are going to but maybe you can take a sightseeing tours or go shopping for souveniers for people back home? I played tennis and worked out to past time while the weather was so-so. We stayed at Club Med on Columbus Isle, which was great by the way.

TraciG
02-11-2006, 09:35 AM
We're off to Paradise Island

TraciG
02-11-2006, 12:32 PM
we were able to change our plans, we leave Monday instead of tomorrow, Sunday & we'll come home Saturday, it's what I originally wanted to do but for some reason I couldn't but Now we can, weird but I'm NOT complaining !!!!

Just crossong my fingers for WARM weather !

mommyj_2
02-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Yay! Have a good trip.

LD92599
02-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Have a great trip!! I'm glad you were able to make the change ~ can't wait to hear all about your vacation (which is well deserved!).

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

omgrown
02-11-2006, 06:39 PM
We just got back from Paradise Island on Wednesday. Just wanted to tell you that I thought the weather was going to be too cold to do anything fun, but a couple of days did get up to 80 so it was great. We couldn't really swim in the pool at our hotel because it wasn't heated, but we went in the water a little bit (our hotel was harborside) and it was fine.
We made the best of the weather and walked around when it wasn't warm enough to swim. We had a wonderful time, hope you do too!!!