PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Radosti
02-11-2006, 11:30 AM
About 2.5 years ago, one of our dogs was wearing diapers to save our rugs. I would buy Huggies Supreme in size 3 and cut a hole for her tail. This was at the old house. Me being crazy, I always stock up if I see a decent sale. This goes for everything I buy... from food to toilet paper to holiday gifts for the family.

Anyway, one of the dog's anal sacks got terribly inflamed and she had surgery to fix it. After that, we discontinued the use of diapers on her and had this house built with hardwood floors throughout. Fast forward to about a year ago. We are packing to move and I discover 4 unopened packs and one opened but mostly full pack of Huggies Supreme Diapers. They all have 38 diapers + 4 free diapers for a total of 42 diapers in each pack. Since we were already trying for a kiddo, I figured I'd keep them. Well, we found out we were pregnant a week after we moved into this house.

Aaron is now 9 weeks old and he grew out of sie 2 diapers. So, I started using the old Huggies Supreme. They fit him fine and they are fine absorbency-wise. But... they feel really rigid to me. I know that they were always this way, but that bothers me now that I know how soft diapers can be. Huggies also redesigned the supremes to be much softer.

So, I hate these diapers but there are no issues with them. Should I just suck it up and use them up since they are here already and there are no leaks or any ther issues? Or should I donate them and go buy new diapers?

JElaineB
02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Just use them. You'll go through them in like a week then you can buy the kind you want. But I buy regular Huggies (not Supreme) for my own kid's arse, so a little stiffness in a diaper doesn't really bother me.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

lisams
02-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Save a pack for when you're potty training: We keep a potty seat in the trunk of the car, you can unfold a diaper and place it inside the little cup - the pee gets trapped in the diaper, you fold the diaper up and throw it in the garbage and you don't need to rinse the little cup out! Great for when you're on the go!

Radosti
02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
OOOh, great idea!!! Thanks!!!

kboyle
02-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I'd use them too. The potty idea is a good one!!

Radosti
02-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks! I'll use them up since DS doesn't mind them. I also tried a Little Tikes diaper on him today and I found that at least I like the Huggies much better in one respect. When he peed in the Little Tikes diaper, he started to smell of baby pee. There were no leaks, but the diaper didn't contain the smell. With the Huggies, I didn't even know that his pee smells, they are pretty odorless unless he poos. So, we'll keep them and use them...