PDA

View Full Version : funny story

Babywhite
02-13-2006, 04:59 PM
My 18 month old is working really hard in the "talking" department. I thought I would help her...

1)I started stressing the "N" sound on corn, down, etc. to help her differentiate "N" and "M" sounds. Instead of saying it correctly, it has caused her to say "ma" for the "N" sound. For example, "corn" is "corn ma". All words ending in "N" now sound like this.

2)She learned the word "snack" and "eat" pretty early. I thought I would help her expand her vocabulary. I started saying breakfast, lunch and dinner. Her word "breakfast" sounds like "butt cheeks" -- no idea why.

To top it off, DH and I are not ones to use bad language in general, but we make sure we don't even slip up with little ones around. However... the other day DD was behind DH and he dropped something heavy. He thought it hit DD's toe (it didn't thank goodness), and he said the "sh" word. Of course, you can guess... she repeated it!

We have missed church for two weeks due to DH being out of town, and I have had the flu.

We are looking forward to going again with our DD...who can share with everyone....

Down"ma" (sounds like Damn)
Butt Cheeks
and now "sh_ _ "

Can anyone recommend a new church when we are kicked out? (hahahaha)

R.W.

californiagirl
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
OK, so in general, DD is saying "Flag", not being disparaging to gay people, and when she reaches for her diaper, what she is saying is "grab" (what you do to your pants to take them down). But ring around the rosie? Yes, that is, "Oh sh**, Oh sh***, all fall down".
Or at least it was for a while before we taught her to say "a-tishoo a-tishoo" Australian-style. And DH learned to say "Oh shivers!"

You're in good company, trust me.

asha
02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh Yeah BTDT. Still doing it actually.

DH has the habit of calling bad drivers "Idiots" when they cut in front or anything like that. Guess what DS calls people when he gets mad. DH is slowly getting better, I could not change it even after warning him in advance. Had to hear it from his son before he got it.

Some one is his daycare says "bad girl", they dont admit it though. So, whenever DS gets upset at some one thats what he says. This is one step before "Idiot". Luckily only I can understand that he said that. It kinda goes like "baggear" and not even DH can recognize that word. Working on that, but not done yet.

Dont worry, we are all in it together.

brittone2
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
LOL!!

DS has repeated a few choice words but I can usually spin it into something more benign and then he starts repeating that instead. It won't work forever though!

He does drop the "L' in "clock" which makes that word interesting. Let's just say he gets excited when he sees the big "clock" at DH's school (a very tall clock tower). His enthusiasm makes it a bit mortifying ;)

Ahhh...aren't they precious little devils?? ;)

Saartje
02-13-2006, 10:41 PM
When one of my nephews was about 18 months old and I was in high school, I had a T-shirt with a brightly colored frog air-brushed across the front. I was baby-sitting him one day, and he ran over to me as soon as he spotted my shirt. He pointed at the front and said (very excitedly), "A F*CK!"

I told my mother we weren't taking him anywhere that day unless we could correct his pronunciation of "frog." :P

starrynight
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
>LOL!!
>
>DS has repeated a few choice words but I can usually spin it
>into something more benign and then he starts repeating that
>instead. It won't work forever though!
>
>He does drop the "L' in "clock" which makes that word
>interesting. Let's just say he gets excited when he sees the
>big "clock" at DH's school (a very tall clock tower). His
>enthusiasm makes it a bit mortifying ;)
>
>Ahhh...aren't they precious little devils?? ;)

ROTFLMAO E pronounces "clock" the exact same way "look mommy clock" loudly as possible in public. I get a few looks! After 3 kids nothing phases me anymore, either it's a word that shouldn't be repeated and it is or it's a normal word butchered to sound like a bad one! LOL

dotgirl
02-14-2006, 12:40 AM
DS is getting better about pronounciation, but he used to have some gems. Most notable were "fock" (fox) and "pie-tit" (pirate).

Currently he just likes saying his "S" sound, so everything is "BoatSSSS" and "cowSSS".

linsei
02-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh, my! My MIL was gracious enough to teach "oh, sh__" to my niece. Of course, she would use it expertly in context - after dropping something, for example. I've been fearful that she will do the same with my ds! To our embarassment, he is always pretty vocal in church, but so far the worst offense there has been "duckk".

Linda

http://b2.lilypie.com/xz6em5/.png[/img][/url]

bcky2
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
that is too funny. now if she puts all her new words together at one time it will be hysterical :)

kboyle
02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
These are pretty funny! DS1 LOVES the Thomas train Percy and carries it around everywhere, well, sometimes he'll leave it on the floor at a store, or forget it on the table at a resturant(i'll put it in my purse when he forgets it) and then he'll always remember right as we are about to leave, standing in the middle of the place and screams "Give me PU$$Y NOW, I need it!" I have gotten sooo many strange looks, but I think it's pretty hilarious.

Also, I have a bad habit of saying "a$$hole" whenever I honk the horn, which I rarely do because I just think it's rude. So now, whenever a horn beeps, whether it's my car or another one on the road guess what DS says :)

Oh, the stuff they say!

brittone2
02-14-2006, 10:54 PM
LOL!!! Okay, that might be worse than talking about the "clock" minus the L ;)

I always think these stories are hysterical!

Tracey
02-15-2006, 12:54 AM
http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Thanks for the laugh!