PDA

View Full Version : Daily / Weekly Routine

niccig
02-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have a daily / weekly routine eg. Mon - grocery shopping, Tues - Laundry, Wed - Errands etc. I was inspired by Amy's thread on her routines and I think I need to do something similar to stay on top of things. I would like to hear how others have organised their days/weeks.
TIA Nicci

kimbe
02-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Monday - Clean kitchen, bathroom, adult laundry
Tuesday - Clean living room and dining room
Wednesday - Clean baby's room and baby laundry
Thursday - Clean adult room, spare room, think about next weeks menu and prepare grocery list
Friday - Grocery shopping and adult laundry
Saturday - Clean family room/den/guest room

This has been working for me so far -- when DD cooperates! :)

Kim

hautemama15
02-13-2006, 08:12 PM
i sort of have a routine. I do grocery shopping every Tuesday, laundry every evening so it doesn't pile up, errands usually every Friday. I do most of my bill paying automatically through my bank online bill pay. I usually set up payments I need to make on the first of the month. Other than that, I don't really organize!

firsttimemommy
02-13-2006, 08:53 PM
DAILY: (each day this gets done - usually in the mornings)
straighten
dishes
wash, fold and put away one load of laundry
go for a walk in stroller, wagon, bikes, etc
baths/shower

Mon:
Personal Bills
Business Bookkeeping (DH has his own biz and I do the books)
trash
make menu and grocery list

Tues:
Fun activity out of the house (park, chuck E cheese, etc) for kids
Grocery Store
Bank

Weds:
Cleaning "projects" (clean out closets, drawers, reorganize something, steam carpets, etc - I usually tackle one project a week)

Thurs:
More Business Bookkeeping (payroll for DH's biz)
Trash
wash sheets and bath rugs

Friday:
Fun activity out of the house for kids
Other misc errands

Sat:
DH and I spend two hours in the a.m. cleaning (if we know we will be gone on the weekend, we do this on Weds or Thurs instead) Bathrooms, vaccuuming, mopping, sweeping, etc

Sun:
Church and Sunday School

This is followed semi-loosely, but writing it all down keeps me honest! LOL I at least attempt it all at some point during the week. Inevitably something will throw it off a little sometimes, but this is the jest of it :)

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

niccig
02-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks for sharing. DH and I are trying to work something out, so that we get most things done without last minute panic/rush. You've given me some good ideas to work with. Unfortunately being organised and schedules isn't a strong point for either of us, but we'll try.

Nicci

kboyle
02-14-2006, 02:04 AM
I don't really have a routine either, but I do always go to the grocery store on Tuesday, Monday if I'm lucky, but that's rare. I try to do laundy every day so it doesn't pile up, but sometimes that doesn't happen and I'll catch up all day on Sat. My dad's day off is on Tue & Weds so one of those days we hang out with him all afternoon. At the begining of every month I stock up on a months worth of formula for DS2 (I bf, but have started giving him more formula). Those are the only things that I do ROUTINELY, everything else just gets filled in on a weekly basis. OH, and I do dishes after a every meal, and straighten the living room (where all the action happens...ewww not that "action") every night before I go to bed.

I'm about to copy other's routines :)