PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: please post in correct forum! Other book news: NBC Today show link, 6.1 book, e-downloads

alandenisefields
02-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi folks: A quick reminder---please post your topic to the correct forum! In the past few weeks, we've seen more posts here in the lounge that belong in other forums. For example, a thread about strollers belongs in our Places To Go: Stroller forum, not the lounge!

Our volunteer mods have to spend time moving posts around when things are mis-posted here. So please, let's leave the lounge for all parenting topics and other discussion that doesn't belong on our other boards! Thanks!

In other news, here is a link to our NBC Today Show appearance in case you missed it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11654599

And two previous announcements about our book:

1. We've released an updated 6.1 version of our book, BABY BARGAINS. Now, with 2006 model info, prices, updates and more!

2. NEW! You can DOWNLOAD updated chapters from the new 6.1 BABY BARGAINS book. We're excited---now get the updated info you want on car seats and strollers in just seconds!

Read all about it in our blog:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybargains/blog/B40737805/C1736244033/index.html

Thanks!
alan & denise
authors

PS. Check out our new download area for BABY BARGAINS chapters:

http://store.eSellerate.net/wp/babybargains

mommyj_2
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Are we allowed to cross post threads that don't get any replies in the correct forum for several days? I did this recently, because I've seen other people do it. I waited 3 days, and only had one reply to my thread by someone who hadn't seen the product I was asking about (although I appreciated the reply).
Are we not allowed to do this? I thought I'd ask here, since I've seen other people do this in the past and their threads didn't get moved.

randomkid
03-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks for this question. This is why I also sometimes post in The Lounge when I know the topic should go elsewhere. I always get replies here, but often no replies in other forums.

Thanks,

proggoddess
03-10-2006, 09:47 AM
I personally think the forums are too specific. Perhaps if we grouped some together? Like move all the Baby 411 and Toddler Bargains stuff in the Baby Bargains forum. Technically, feeding questions are supposed to go into Baby 411, but everyone posts them in the Baby Bargains feeding forum, even though it is really for feeding gear/gadgets. I feel bad for all those new posters that ask questions in the other two top-level categories and don't get answers.

(BTW, feel free to move my post to the Suggestions board! I'm not above the law. :) Hee.)

s7714
03-11-2006, 01:58 AM
And so what about the countless birth announcements that get put in the lounge when there is clearly a separate forum where they "belong"? I don't see anyone booting those into the other forum...maybe I'm just being the devil's advocate here, but if you're gonna enforce the law, IMO it should be done squarely across the board. Just my 2ยข...

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

s7714
03-11-2006, 02:00 AM
ITA

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

barbarhow
03-11-2006, 07:34 AM
By that reasoning, perhaps your post belongs in the Bitching Post? ;-)
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

JustMe
03-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I think it is confusing because I don't always know what forum something should go in. For example, I recently posted in the Lounge for suggestions for a "fancy" dress for my 3 year old. It got moved to Reality Layette, which is fine as I did get some replies...but I didn't originally put it there because I didn't think of anything related to a 3 year old as belonging in a layette section...and I know it should really go in toddler bargains, but I don;t get any replies there.

Robyn
mom to a 3 yr old from Guatemala

s7714
03-11-2006, 02:07 PM
LOL! If we're going to get technical, I don't think sub-posts are in question here, only the categorization of the originating post. :P (But you're quite right, in it's own right my post could have easily been a topic in the bitching forum.)

FWIW, I wasn't trying to raise anyone's dander by suggesting people shouldn't be allowed to post announcements in the lounge. I was simply trying to raise the question as to why topics that clearly have a designated "home" are not being moved whereas those that don't really fit a specific forum are. Like the dog food post (simply an example)--IMO that could have easily gone in the baby proofing forum or the feeding forum or possibly even the bitching forum--I honestly probably would have posted such a topic in the forum too as it doesn't really seem to fit well in the other forums. Birth announcements were simply a clear cut example pertaining to the point I was trying to make. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people are asked to follow a rule but blatant exceptions are made.

Perhaps I should step down from my soapbox before it gets too slippery... ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

barbarhow
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Don't slip-I was just yanking your chain. ;-)
Before the boards got so popular-several years ago, that it, it was a much smaller and more intimate group. It was easy to post birth announcements in the lounge-there were so fewer posts back then. I think that alot of us older timers (I am by no means an old timer by some standards but more a medium timer) got used to having the birth announcements in the lounge. The announcements forum is new.
Also, I think originally RL was for layette but then as our children grew we stayed there. There is very little traffic at the Toddlers board-we are comfy here.
Not excusing, just explaining.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

alandenisefields
03-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions; we appreciate that feedback.

Well, the Lounge is our most popular forum---and we can understand that if you post to another forum and don't receive replies, that you'd want to post here too.

I guess our preference would be to FIRST post your query to the specific forum where it fits . . . and then if that doesn't work, post here!

We're glad our forums are popular, but sometimes trying to manage it all requires some tweaking of how it works! Rest assured, we will try to improve things as time goes on!

Thanks,
Alan & Denise