PDA

View Full Version : OT: Non-Aerosol Hairsprays- Do they exist?

WitMom
02-14-2006, 11:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone uses and can recommend a good non-aerosol hairspray. I am a child of the '80s and can't kick my hairspray habit, but I am to the point where I am getting sick and tired of the hairspray coating on absolutely everything in the bathroom. I wondered if non-aerosol spray would be less likely to "disperse" all over, and if there are any good ones on the market. I usually use salon products because I think they cause less buildup on my hair, but I would consider a drug store brand if it's good.

kellyotn
02-14-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't use much hairspray anymore, because my longer style doesn't really require it. (I never, ever thought I could go without! Child of the 80's here too.) But, for a drugstore brand, I always find myself going back to Pantene. Its very soft, not sticky, etc. I'm a product junkie and will try anything, but this is the one I always have on hand, but more than once, and never throw out. :)

cara1
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I use Rave. It comes as a spray and a pump. I use the pump. But it is all over the bathroom floor, counter, doorknob, and sometimes DH. So I don't think that will solve your problem.

Sandy
02-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Try TRI Aerogel. They have a non aerosol version and it works really well. It is available in salons.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

bostonsmama
02-15-2006, 01:48 AM
I have 2...the pantene one (which I like, but it's aerosol-no CFCs) and a Paul Mitchell one (but for the life of me can't remember which version...maybe Freeze & Shine?), both of which I love and use to set my hair if I do curlers, otherwise I don't use anything.

A great non spray products I use when I'm just letting my long layers look held together is Redken's Rewind (unwind?...something like that). It's a very loose, gooey cream that you scoop up and rub on your hands and then grab at sections of your hair and they magically stick and look polished and piecy, but pretty piecy. I also sometimes use it for fly aways, uplift on my longish bangs or training my long hair to curl out instead of under....which it tends to do. Also, I I have found that Redken's Guts is a great spray mousse that can do similar things on wet hair to give me great hold and volume when I blowdry or use hot rollers. I find that I hardly need a hairspray if I use any of these products, so maybe one of those will help solve your problem of sticky hairspray mist all over the bathroom floor.

Larissa

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone

zuzu
02-15-2006, 05:45 AM
It's not cheap, but Aveda makes at least two pump sprays. I've tried one (Pure Abundance) and I don't recall it coating the bathroom.

(ETC spelling.)

WitMom
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions, everyone. I have jotted down all of these ideas, and I will check them out the next time I am at the mall. I am sooo happy to have some suggestions to try. Hopefully my bathroom will benefit from the change!